Zheng Jingzheng jing, zheng jing re 699
Zheng Jing Chinese: 鄭經; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Tēⁿ Keng; 25 October 1642 – 17 March 1681, courtesy names Xianzhi 賢之 and Yuanzhi 元之, pseudonym Shitian 式天, was a 17th-century Chinese warlord and Ming Dynasty loyalist He was the eldest son of Koxinga Zheng Chenggong and a grandson of the pirate-merchant Zheng Zhilong After the conquest of Fort Zeelandia in 1662 by his father, Zheng Jing controlled the military forces in Xiamen and Quemoy on his father's behalf Upon the death of his father six months later, Zheng Jing contested throne as the King of Tungning with his uncle, Zheng Shixi The dispute was resolved in Zheng Jing's favor after he successfully landed an army in Taiwan despite strong opposition by the forces of his uncle This was followed by Zheng Shixi withdrawing his claim
With both the vast pirate fleet and the throne of Tungning, he intended to continue his father's plans to invade the Philippines; however, he was forced to abandon this venture when faced with the threat of a Manchu-Dutch alliance His victory over a combined Manchu-Dutch fleet in 1664 resulted in ending the brief alliance
For the next 19 years, he tried to provide sufficiently for the local inhabitants and reorganizing their military forces in Taiwan He frequently exchanged ambassadors with the Kangxi Emperor from the mainland Although he continued to fight for the cause his father died for, he had largely abandoned any pretense of restoring the Ming Dynasty by the time he invaded Fujian in 1676 He occupied key cities in the province for a year before losing them back to the Manchus by the end of 1677 Invading Fujian once more, he led a force of 30,000 men to capture Haicheng as well as taking the provincial commander prisoner
In 1680, Zheng Jing was forced to abandon Xiamen, Quemoy and Dongshan after losing a major naval battle to Chinese Qing admiral Shi Lang Driven off the mainland by the Manchus, he retreated to modern-day Tainan where he fell ill and died of dissipation on March 17, 1681 Zheng named as his successor his oldest son, Zheng Kezang; however, Zheng Kezang was quickly toppled in favor of Zheng Keshuang
- Kingdom of Tungning
- History of Taiwan
- Zheng Chenggong
- Shi Lang
- ^ Hung 1981, p 139 See note 1 for the source; a stone epitaph on Zheng's tomb
- ^ Hung 1981, p 139
- ^ Hung 1981, p 265
- Carioti, Patrizia “The Zhengs' Maritime Power in the International Context of the 17th Century Far East Seas: The Rise of a 'Centralised Piratical Organisation' and Its Gradual Development into an Informal 'State'” Ming Qing Yanjiu 1996: 29-67
- Chang Hsiu-jung, Anthony Farrington, Huang Fu-san, Ts'ao Yung-ho, Wu Mi-tsa, Cheng Hsi-fu, and Ang Ka-in The English Factory in Taiwan, 1670 - 1685 Taipei: National Taiwan University, 1995
- Clements, Jonathan Coxinga and the Fall of the Ming Dynasty Stroud: Sutton Publishing, 2004
- Hung, Chien-chao 1981 Taiwan Under the Cheng Family, 1662–1683: Sinicization After Dutch Rule PhD dissertation Georgetown University OCLC 63232462
- Keene, Donald Keene The Battles of Coxinga: Chikamatsu’s Puppet Play, Its Background and Importance London: Taylor’s Foreign Press, 1950
- Manthorpe, Jonathan Forbidden Nation: a History of Taiwan, New York: Palgrave MacMillan, 2002
- Shen Yu Cheng-shih shih-mo 1836
- Wills, Jr, John E Pepper, Guns and Parleys: The Dutch East India Company and China 1622-1681 Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1974
|This article contains Chinese text Without proper rendering support, you may see question marks, boxes, or other symbols instead of Chinese characters|
|Zheng Jing House of Zheng Born: 25 October 1642 Died: 17 March 1681|
|Prince of Yanping
November 1662 – 17 March 1681
|Ruler of the Kingdom of Tungning
November 1662 – 17 March 1681
|Types of pirate||
|Pirate battles and incidents||
zhang jing, zhang jing chu biography, zhang jing xuan, zhang jing ying, zhang jingchu, zheng jing, zheng jing dds, zheng jing re 699, zheng jing yi, zheng jingsheng
Zheng Jing Information about
Zheng Jing viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.