Zhenan Baozhenan bao, zhenan bao stanford university
Zhenan Bao simplified Chinese: 鲍哲南; traditional Chinese: 鮑哲南; pinyin: Bào Zhénán; born 1970, PhD, is a Professor of Chemical Engineering and Material Science and Engineering at Stanford University She is known for her work developing technologies with organic field-effect transistors and organic semiconductors She is one of the laureates of the 2017 L'Oréal-UNESCO Awards for Women in Science
- 1 Education
- 2 Academic career
- 3 Personal life
- 4 References
- 5 External links
She was enrolled at Nanjing University before transferring directly into her PhD in Chemistry from The University of Chicago She was one of the early students of Luping Yu and did initial work on liquid-crystalline polymers
Upon the completion of her PhD, she had an offer to join the University of California, Berkeley as a postdoc but instead joined the Materials Research department of Bell Labs, Lucent Technologies During that time, she was behind the development of the first all plastic transistor, or organic field-effect transistors which allows for its use in electronic paper It was also during this time when Jan Schön produced a series of papers, two of which with Bao as one of the coauthors Schön's papers were ultimately retracted due to fraud Bao got excused from the misconduct She was named a Distinguished Member of Technical Staff She was named one of MIT Technology Review's TR35 and C&EN 12 rising stars for her work with organic semiconductors
In 2004, she returned to academia by joining the faculty at Stanford University where she is now focusing on studying organic semiconductor and carbon nanotubes using new fabrication methods Recent work in the lab includes developing electronic skin and all-carbon solar cells
She is a member of the US National Academy of Engineering since 2016 She is a fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, American Chemical Society and SPIE and serves on the advisory board for ACS Nano, Advanced Functional Materials, Advanced Energy Materials, Chemical Communications, Chemistry of Materials, Materials Today, Nanoscale, and NPG Asia Materials and the board of directors for the Materials Research Society and the Polymers Materials Science and Engineering division of the American Chemical Society She was also awarded the ACS Cope Scholar Award in 2011
She was awarded the Beilby Medal and Prize in 2009
Bao Zhenan moved to the United States from the People's Republic of China in 1990 Both of her parents were professors at Nanjing University where she initially learned about polymer chemistry in her mother's lab One of her major mentors was Elsa Reichmanis who was the department director at Bell Labs She is married and has two children
- ^ Announcement of Laureates of 2017 L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Awards
- ^ a b c MacDermott, Kevin 25 March 2002 "TAKING AN EARLY LEAD" C&EN Retrieved 23 February 2013
- ^ "Movers: Zhenan Bao" Nature 428 6983: 678–678 8 April 2004 Bibcode:2004Natur428678 doi:101038/nj6983-678c
- ^ Bao, Zhenan; Chen, Yongming; Cai, Rubing; Yu, Luping 1 September 1993 "Conjugated liquid-crystalline polymers - soluble and fusible polyphenylenevinylene by the Heck coupling reaction" Macromolecules 26 20: 5281–5286 Bibcode:1993MaMol265281B doi:101021/ma00072a002
- ^ Dagani, Ron 30 November 1998 "AN INNOVATION ENGINE FOR LUCENT" C&EN Retrieved 23 February 2013
- ^ Bao, Zhenan; Dodabalapur, Ananth; Lovinger, Andrew J 1 January 1996 "Soluble and processable regioregular poly3-hexylthiophene for thin film field-effect transistor applications with high mobility" Applied Physics Letters 69 26: 4108 Bibcode:1996ApPhL694108B doi:101063/1117834
- ^ Bao, Zhenan; Feng, Yi; Dodabalapur, Ananth; Raju, V R; Lovinger, Andrew J 1 June 1997 "High-Performance Plastic Transistors Fabricated by Printing Techniques" Chemistry of Materials 9 6: 1299–1301 doi:101021/cm9701163
- ^ Wilson, Elizabeth 19 December 2011 "Molecular Electronics: Schön's Fraud" C&EN Retrieved 23 February 2013
- ^ "Zhenan Bao, 32" MIT TR Retrieved 23 February 2013
- ^ Arnaud, Celia 19 November 2012 "Electronic Skin Heals Itself" C&EN Retrieved 23 February 2013
- ^ Ramuz, Marc P; Vosgueritchian, Michael; Wei, Peng; Wang, Chenggong; Gao, Yongli; Wu, Yingpeng; Chen, Yongsheng; Bao, Zhenan 27 November 2012 "Evaluation of Solution-Processable Carbon-Based Electrodes for All-Carbon Solar Cells" ACS Nano 6 11: 10384–10395 doi:101021/nn304410w
- ^ Halford, Bethany 28 February 2011 "Arthur C Cope Scholar Awards: Zhenan Bao" C&EN Retrieved 23 February 2013
- ^ "Beilby Medal and Prize Winners" Royal Society of Chemistry Retrieved 3 March 2015
- ^ Wang, Linda 8 October 2007 "Rising Stars Reunite" C&EN Retrieved 23 February 2013
- Stanford Academic Bio
- Bao Lab website
- Interview with Chemical Technology
zhenan bao, zhenan bao at stanford, zhenan bao cv, zhenan bao fraud, zhenan bao google scholar, zhenan bao group, zhenan bao nature, zhenan bao stanford university
Zhenan Bao Information about
Zhenan Bao viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.