Yussur A.F. Abrar
Yussur A F Abrar Somali: Yusuur Abraar, Arabic: يوسور الابرار is a Somali banker and entrepreneur She previously served as Vice-President at Citigroup, as well as Vice-President of Credit Risk Management at the American International Group in New York City Abrar is also the founder and President of Warsun International Communications Corp From September to November 2013, she was the Governor of the Central Bank of Somalia
- 1 Background
- 11 Personal life
- 12 Early career
- 2 Central Bank of Somalia
- 3 Notes
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Abrar was born in the northwestern town of Borama, Somalia She hails from the Gadabuursi/Samaroon clan
She later pursued her post-secondary education in the United States, earning a bachelor's degree from the Oklahoma State University She also holds an MBA from the same institution
In a professional capacity, Abrar has over three decades of experience in banking, risk management and insurance
She is the founder and President of Warsun International Communications Corp, a telecommuncations company with a focus on internet accessibility As of 2002, the firm was headquartered in Vienna, Virginia and employed around 50 workers
Abrar previously also acted as the Vice-President at Citigroup Additionally, she was Vice President of Credit Risk Management at the American International Group AIG in New York City, one of the world's largest insurance companies
Abrar has likewise served as a financial consultant
Central Bank of Somalia
On 13 September 2013, Abrar was appointed the Governor of the Central Bank of Somalia by incumbent President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud She succeeded Abdisalam Omer in the position and is the first woman to have been appointed to the post
Abrar's first announced priorities included revitalizing the national financial system through the issuance of licenses to banks and other financial institutions, collaborating with stakeholders on the remittance market, strengthening the regulation framework to ensure fiscal responsibility and transparency, and instituting monetary policy vis-a-vis job creation to galvanize economic development and growth
On 1 November 2013, Abrar stepped down from her position as Somalia's Central Bank Governor In a formal letter of resignation, she cited interference with the bank's functions as among the main reasons for her departure, as well as pressure to sanction deals that she believed were in violation of her fiduciary responsibility as head of the national monetary authority Abrar was succeeded at the position by Bashir Isse, who was appointed on 27 November 2013
- ^ "MUQDISHO: Madaxweynaha Somaliya Oo Badalay Gudoomiyihii Baanka Dhexe Ee Somaliya Iyo Haweenay Aqoon Sare Leh Oo Xilkaasi U Magacaabay" Borama News 15 September 2013 Retrieved 4 December 2013mw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-right
- ^ Yussur Abrar Dir/Gadabursi, who hails from Borama in Somaliland http://wwwafricaintelligencecom/ION/politics-power/2013/11/08/yussur-abrar-did-not-last-long,107993799-ART
- ^ a b c d e f g "Somali President Appoints First Female Central Bank Governor" Keydmedia 13 September 2013 Retrieved 16 September 2013
- ^ Jette, Julie "Special Report - Entrepreneurial Ventures in Africa Digital Divide - Across the Digital Divide, Bit by Byte" Harvard Business School Retrieved 16 September 2013
- ^ "Warsun International Communications Corp, is extremely pleased to announce the appointment of Niles E Helmboldt as Chairman of its Board of Directors" Yussur Abrar, Warsun International Communications Corporation Retrieved 16 September 2013
- ^ "Africa Can Get Out of Poverty" Africa News Service 25 March 2002 Archived from the original on 26 September 2013 Retrieved 16 September 2013
- ^ "American International Group AIG Company Directory of Business Contacts" Datacom Retrieved 17 September 2013
- ^ Manson, Katrina 1 November 2013 "Somalia central bank governor resigns after seven weeks" Financial Times Retrieved 2 November 2013
- ^ "SOMALIA: Bashir Isse appointed as the new Central Bank Governor" Raxanreeb 27 November 2013 Retrieved 27 November 2013
- "Somali President Appoints First Female Central Bank Governor" Keydmedia 13 September 2013 Retrieved 16 September 2013
- Global-Digital Communications
Yussur A.F. Abrar Information about
Yussur A.F. Abrar
Yussur A.F. Abrar
Yussur A.F. Abrar viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.