Worcestershire bus route 144worcestershire bus route 144 sign, worcestershire bus route 144 illustration
Worcestershire bus route 144 is a bus service connecting the cities of Birmingham and Worcester, operated by First Midland Red The route was one of the longest-running double-deck bus operated routes,1dead link though it is now more common for single decked buses to be used The original routing of the 144 was from Birmingham to Malvern via Bromsgrove and Worcester,2 though the Worcester to Malvern section now forms part of the 44 route
- 1 History
- 2 Competition
- 3 Notable events
- 31 2007 Worcestershire Flooding
- 4 See also
- 5 References
On 24 March 2004, the service was re-routed in the Bromsgrove area to serve Catshill instead of the Birmingham Road, replacing the local bus number 90 on that section of the route3 This change was fought by local residents who wanted to keep the route as it was4 A year later in June 2005, Diamond Bus introduced a 64 service along the Birmingham Road, replacing the affected section5
Brand new Alexander Dennis Enviro 300 low floor buses were introduced as part of a relaunch of the route in June 20056 Thirteen vehicles, costing £15 million,7 entered service operating from both Worcester and Kidderminster depots due to staff shortage at the 144's native Worcester depot, by September all vehicles had returned to operate from the Worcester depot
In May 2013, the short Worcester - Catshill journeys in the daytime were renumbered as 144A and operate via Webbs of Wychbold, a short deviation off the main 144 route8
On 12 April 2009, Diamond Bus started operations on the route, only running between Birmingham and Bromsgrove, replacing the 64 service, which they had previously operated on a similar route9dead link Actual operations did not begin until the next day because the start date was a bank holiday; this was reduced to only run between Bromsgrove and Rubery in January 2010, before being withdrawn completely on 4 April 201010
2007 Worcestershire FloodingeditFurther information: 2007 United Kingdom floods § Worcestershire
Regular 144 driver Josie Millward received recognition in the form of a First Superstar award in July 2007 for her actions during the severe flooding in Worcestershire in 200711 Upon reaching an impassable road she made her mobile phone available to passengers to contact friends and relatives to inform them that they would be delayed, even adding extra credit to the phone when it ran low12 Other drivers on the route also received praise for their actions during the floods13
- Bus transport in Bromsgrove
- Transport in Birmingham
- ^ Pin Digital Limited, wwwpindigitalcom "Midland Red double decker bus trip to the Malverns - Start/finish Pool Meadow, Coventry" Visitnorthernwarwickshirecom Retrieved 2010-04-05
- ^ "Glorious refuge on the Malvern Hills From Kidderminster Shuttle" Kidderminstershuttlecouk 2008-09-25 Archived from the original on 20 July 2011 Retrieved 2010-04-05
- ^ We want our old bus route back From Bromsgrove Advertiser
- ^ Campaign to save service From Ledbury Reporter Archived 28 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine
- ^ Town services facing the axe From Bromsgrove Advertiser
- ^ "There's good news for bus users, too From Worcester News" Worcesternewscouk 2005-06-10 Archived from the original on 22 March 2012 Retrieved 2010-04-05
- ^ "Lucky 13 for bus travellers From Bromsgrove Advertiser" Bromsgroveadvertisercouk 2005-06-10 Archived from the original on 19 July 2011 Retrieved 2010-04-05
- ^ Garden centre backs bus link for shoppersBromsgrove Advertiser 28 May 2013
- ^ "Diamond Bus Company" Diamondbusescom 2009-04-12 Retrieved 2010-04-05
- ^ "Notices And Proceedings" PDF Archived from the original PDF on 6 June 2011 Retrieved 2010-04-05
- ^ First Group Archived 29 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 23 June 2010
- ^ Worcester News Retrieved 23 June 2010
- ^ Stourbridge News Retrieved 23 June 2010
|Birmingham and Solihull||
worcestershire bus route 144 illustration, worcestershire bus route 144 ny, worcestershire bus route 144 sign
Worcestershire bus route 144 Information about
Worcestershire bus route 144
Worcestershire bus route 144
Worcestershire bus route 144 viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.