Wolfhart Zimmermann 17 February 1928 – 18 September 2016 was a German theoretical physicist Zimmermann attained a doctorate in 1950 at Freiburg im Breisgau in topology "Eine Kohomologietheorie topologischer Räume"
- 1 Biography
- 2 References
- 3 Sources
- 4 External links
Zimmermann was born in Freiburg im Breisgau In the 1950s he was at Göttingen one of the pioneers of the mathematical quantum field theory; along with Kurt Symanzik and Harry Lehmann he developed the LSZ theory From 1962 to 1974 he was a professor at the New York University From 1974 to 1996 he was a director at the Max Planck Institute for physics in Munich, where he was later "Director Emeritus"
Besides, since 1977 he was honorary professor "Honorarprofessor" at the TU Munich He was on year-long sabbatical stay at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton 1957/8 and 1960/1, at the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences of New York University, at the University of Chicago and at IHES in Paris Beside his work on the LSZ formalism he is also known for the development of Bogolyubov - Parasiuk renormalization schema also BPHZ Renormalization schema named after Klaus Hepp and Zimmermann Along with Kenneth G Wilson he was one of the pioneers in applications of operator product expansion in quantum field theory With Reinhard Oehme of the Enrico Fermi Institute in Chicago with whom he already collaborated in Göttingen in the 1950s, he worked on the reduction of coupling parameters with group renormalization methods and introduced superconvergence relations for the propagator gauge field propagator into Yang–Mills theory, to establish connections between the borders of high energy eg asymptotic freedom and low energy confinement
In 1991 he received the Max Planck medal
- ^ a b München, Max-Planck-Instituts für Physik Werner-Heisenberg-Institut "Max-Planck-Institut für Physik - Gedenken an Professor Dr Wolfhart Zimmermann" mpgde Retrieved 22 January 2017
- ^ Zimmermann: Convergence of Bogoljubows Method of renormalization in momentum space, Communications in mathematical physics, Vol 15, 1969, p 208
- ^ K Wilson and W Zimmermann: Operator product expansions and composite field operators in the general framework of quantum field theory , Commun Math Phys 24 1972 87
- ^ Zimmermann 1985, "Reduction in the number of coupling parameters" PDF, Communications in Mathematical Physics, 97: 211, doi:101007/bf01206187 ,
Oehme, Zimmermann: Relations Between Effective Couplings for Asymptotically Free Models, ibid p586
- ^ Oehme, Zimmermann 1980, "Quark and Gluon Propagators in Quantum Chromodynamics, Gauge field propagator and the number of fermion fields", Physical Review D, 21, doi:101103/PhysRevD21471
- Peter Breitenlohner Ed "Quantum Field Theory- Proceedings on the Ringberg Workshop, Tegernsee 1998, On the Occasion of Wolfhart Zimmermann´s 70 Birthday", Lecture Notes in Physics 558, Springer, 1998
- Zimmermann "Local operator products and renormalization in Quantum Field Theory", Brandeis Summer Institute in Theoretical Physics Lectures 1970, pp 399–589
- Quantum field theory/BPHZ - Physics wiki - TheTangentBundle
|This article about a German physicist is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
Wolfhart Zimmermann Information about
Wolfhart Zimmermann viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.