Wilhelm Kubewilhelm kube, wilhelm kube nazis
Wilhelm Kube 13 November 1887 – 22 September 1943 was a German politician and Nazi official He was an important figure in the German Christian movement during the early years of Nazi rule During the war he became a senior official in the occupying government of the Soviet Union, achieving the rank of Generalkommissar for Weissruthenien Belarus He was assassinated in Minsk in 1943, triggering brutal reprisals against the citizens of Minsk
An extreme antisemite, he is known to have said about Jews: "What plague and syphilis are to humanity, are Jews to the white race" However, Kube behaved towards German Jews in a relatively mild way during his charge in Minsk, by trying—unsuccessfully—to protect German Jews, whom he felt as culturally closer, from extermination As for Minsk, he planned to level the city and replace it with a German settlement, called Asgard
- 1 Early life
- 2 Nazification of Christianity
- 3 Denunciation of Buch
- 4 SS career
- 5 Assassination
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Kube was born in Glogau today's Głogów, Prussian Silesia, and studied history, economics and theology In 1911 he received a Moses Mendelssohn Scholarship from the University of Berlin Kube was active in the Völkisch movement as a student, and was an early member of the Nazi Party In 1924 he was one of the first group of Nazi members elected to the Weimar Republic Reichstag In 1928 he was appointed Gauleiter of Brandenburg later reorganized as the Gau March of Brandenburg and speaker of the tiny Nazi party fraction 6 seats in the Prussian Landtag Prussian state legislature
Nazification of Christianity
Kube remained an active Christian as well as a zealous Nazi, and in 1932 he organised the list of candidates of the Faith Movement of the German Christians for the ordinary election of presbyters and synodals within the Evangelical Church of the old-Prussian Union on 13 November that year The German Christians then gained about a third of all seats in presbyteries and synods Kube was elected as one of the presbyters of the congregation of Gethsemane Church in Berlin-Prenzlauer Berg The presbyters elected him from their midst as synodal into the competent deanery synod German: Kreissynode; Berlin then comprised 11 deaneries altogether, and these synodals again elected him a member of deanery synodal board German: Kreissynodalvorstand When in 1933 the Nazis came to power he remained active in the German Christian movement which sought to "Nazify" the 28 Protestant church bodies in Germany For 23 July 1933 Hitler ordered an unconstitutional, premature re-election of all presbyters and synodals, with the German Christians now gaining 70–80% of the seats, so Kube could then further advance as head of the Berlin synod of the old-Prussian Church Following the German conquest of Poland in 1939 his Nazi party domain was extended to include Reichsgau Danzig-West Prussia and Reichsgau Wartheland
Denunciation of Buch
In 1936 it was claimed in an anonymous letter that Party Judge Walter Buch, the father-in-law of Martin Bormann, was married to a half-Jew In the course of a Gestapo investigation it came to light that the letter had been written by Kube, whom Buch had investigated owing to concerns over his private life and his leadership style in the Gau Buch saw to it that Kube was removed from all his posts Only on Hitler's orders was he allowed to remain a Gauleiter, albeit without a Gau
Kube joined the SS in 1934 and attained the rank of Rottenführer Private First Class In 1940 he served for a period at the concentration camp at Dachau In July 1941, in the wake of the German occupation of the western parts of the Soviet Union, he was appointed Generalkommissar for Weissruthenien now known as Belarus, with his headquarters in Minsk In this role Kube oversaw the extermination of the large Jewish population of this area He was nevertheless outraged by the Slutsk Affair in October 1941, when SS Einsatzgruppen death squads massacred Jews without the authority of the local Nazi civil administration and Security SS authorities Local non-Jewish Belarusians were also killed, creating great resentment among the population Kube wrote in protest to his supervisor and Reichsführer-SS Heinrich Himmler:
The town was a picture of horror during the action With indescribable brutality on the part of both the German police officers and particularly the Lithuanian partisans, the Jewish people, but also among them Belarusians, were taken out of their dwellings and herded together Everywhere in the town shots were to be heard and in different streets the corpses of shot Jews accumulated The Belarusians were in greatest distress to free themselves from the encirclement
The letter concluded:
I am submitting this report in duplicate so that one copy may be forwarded to the Reich Minister Peace and order cannot be maintained in Belarus with methods of that sort To bury seriously wounded people alive who worked their way out of their graves again is such a base and filthy act that the incidents as such should be reported to the Führer and Reichsmarschall
Despite these misgivings, Kube participated in an atrocity on 2 March 1942 in the Minsk ghetto During a search by German and Belarusian police, a group of children were seized and thrown into pits of deep sand to die
At that moment, several SS officers, among them Wilhelm Kube, arrived, whereupon Kube, immaculate in his uniform, threw handfuls of sweets to the shrieking children All the children perished in the sand
Kube's contradictory attitude towards Jews is shown in his behaviour towards German Jews deported to Minsk He was particularly incensed by the presence among the deportees of men decorated during World War I These Jews who he regarded as belonging "to our cultural milieu" prompted Kube to file a complaint with Reinhard Heydrich, in which he stated that "during the evacuation of Jews from the Reich, the guidelines on who was to be evacuated had not been properly observed" and he attached a list of names During the 2 March 1942 massacre, Generalkommissar Kube withheld German Jews from a mass shooting which was conducted in Minsk under the supervision of Sturmbannführer Eduard Strauch, at which 3,412 Jews were killed, an unprecedented act that provoked a formal complaint from the SS according to which "Generalkommissar Kube appears to have promised to the German Jews, who before my time were delivered to the ghetto five thousand strong, that life and health would remain theirs"
Heydrich flew to Minsk to deliver Kube a reprimand, after which he felt compelled to comply with extermination actions On 31 July he wrote to his friend, the Reichskommissar for the Ostland, Hinrich Lohse, in Riga:
Following lengthy talks with the SS-Brigadeführer Zenner and the extraordinarily diligent head of the SD, SS-Obersturmbannführer Strauch, in the last two weeks in White Russia we have liquidated roughly 55,000 JewsIn the city of Minsk about 10,000 Jews were liquidated on 28 and 29 July Of these, 6,500 were Russian Jews, predominantly women, children, and the aged; the rest were Jews unfit for labor, mainly from Vienna, Brünn, Bremen, and Berlin The latter had been sent to Minsk last year in accordance with the Führer's ordersIn Minsk proper there are 2,600 Jews from Germany left
At 1:20 am on 22 September 1943, Kube was assassinated in his Minsk apartment by a time device hidden in his mattress in Operation Blow-Up According to one version of the plot, the bomb was allegedly placed by Soviet partisan Yelena Mazanik 1914–1996, a Belarusian woman who was hired in Kube's household as a maid and was convinced to assassinate him later Alternatively, the explosives were set up by Lev Liberman from the Minsk ghetto, who was also employed in the household In total 12 groups received an order from Moscow to assassinate Kube
The bomb went off forty minutes early, purportedly due to higher air temperature than that during bomb testing In retaliation, the SS killed more than 1,000 men who were citizens of Minsk Owing to Kube's antagonistic attitude to some SS anti-Jewish actions, Himmler felt that the dead man had been well on the way to booking himself a place in a concentration camp anyway, and reportedly described the assassination as a "blessing"
Mazanik escaped the reprisals and continued to fight with the partisans She was later awarded the title Heroine of the Soviet Union After the war she went on to become deputy director of the Fundamental Library of the Belarusian Academy of Sciences
- ^ ""What plague and syphilis are to humanity, are Jews to the white race" in Finnish "Sitä mitä rutto ja syfilis ovat ihmiskunnalle, ovat juutalaiset valkoiselle rodulle"" wwwnazi-lauck-nsdapaocom Retrieved 2016-05-08mw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-rightmw-parser-output citation mw-selflink
- ^ Gerald Fleming, Hitler and the Final Solution Berkeley and Los Angeles: University of California Press, 1994, pp 116–119
- ^ Bloodlands: Europe between Hitler and StalinBy Timothy Snyder page 251
- ^ Uwe Puschner Professor at the Free University of Berlin: Die völkische Bewegung im wilhelminischen Kaiserreich Wissenschaftliche Buchgesellschaft, Darmstadt 2001, ISBN 3-534-15052-X, p 11
- ^ Biographical information from Ernst Klee, Das Personenlexikon zum Dritten Reich Fischer Verlag 2005, 346
- ^ Nazi Conspiracy and Aggression: Volume III Office of United States Chief of Counsel for Prosecution of Axis Criminality OCCPAC Washington, DC: USGPO 1946 pp783–789 Archived 2011-05-22 at the Wayback Machine accessed January 2008
- ^ Gilbert, M: "The Holocaust", page 297 Fontana/Collins, 1987
- ^ Fleming, Gerald "The Camp of the German Jews in Minsk" nizkororg Retrieved 14 May 2016 Quoted from Gerald Fleming, Hitler and the Final Solution Berkeley: University of California Press 1987, 116 – 119
- ^ Ioffe, Emanuil "800 дней воли и борьбы" sbby Retrieved 10 February 2015
- ^ Captain Vasiliy Tsvetkov "A Bomb for Gauleiter" De Bello Retrieved 2012-12-24
- ^ Hilberg, Raul 2003 The Destruction of the European Jews 3rd ed New Haven, CT: Yale University Press p 400
- ^ Reidlinger 1960 p157 as quoted in Turonek 1989 p118
- Newspaper clippings about Wilhelm Kube in the 20th Century Press Archives of the ZBW
wilhelm kube, wilhelm kube nazis, wilhelm kube wikipedia
Wilhelm Kube Information about
Wilhelm Kube viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.