White Mountains Regionwhite mountains regional high school, white mountains region new hampshire
The White Mountains Region is a tourism region designated by the New Hampshire Division of Travel and Tourism It is located in northern New Hampshire in the United States and is named for the White Mountains, which cover most of the region The southern boundary of the region begins at Piermont on the west, and runs to Plymouth, then to Conway, and east to the Maine border The northern boundary begins at Cushman, runs to Berlin and then east to the Maine border The region to the north is known as the Great North Woods Region, which should not be confused with the larger and more general Great North Woods
The region includes much of Coos County and parts of Grafton County and Carroll County
Major towns and cities in the region include:
- North Conway
The region is bisected into east and west portions by Interstate 93 from Plymouth to Littleton Other major highways in the region include US Highway 302 Wells River to Conway, New Hampshire State Route 16 from Gorham to Conway, State Route 10 from Littleton to Piermont, and US Route 2 from Lancaster to Shelburne US Highway 3 also parallels I-93, except north of Franconia Notch, where it branches off to Twin Mountain and Whitefield
The Cohos Trail and Appalachian Trail both traverse the White Mountains region
Highlights in the region include:
- Outdoor recreation in the White Mountain National Forest
- United States Forest Service Ranger Stations in Bethlehem, Gorham and Conway
- Mount Washington State Park, Cog Railway, Auto Road, Observatory
- Franconia Notch State Park, featuring the site of the natural rock outcropping known as the Old Man of the Mountain, which crumbled and fell in early May 2003
- Forest Lake State Park, Crawford Notch State Park, Moose Brook State Park, Pinkham Notch Scenic Area
- Alpine skiing at seven or more major downhill ski area and seven cross-country skiing areas for ski touring
- Mount Washington Regional Airport, aka, White Mountain Regional Airport
- Covered bridges in Littleton, Woodsville, Bartlett, Jackson and Lincoln, among others
- Water sports on the Connecticut River from Littleton to Piermont
- Saco River, Swift River
- The scenic Kancamagus Highway from Lincoln to Conway
- Golf in Bethlehem, Whitefield, Jefferson, Jackson, North Conway, Bretton Woods
- Several amusement- or theme parks, in Jefferson, Lincoln, North Conway
- Information centers in Lincoln, Campton, North Conway, Littleton Moore Station and Gorham
- Presidential Range
- White Mountains region at NH Division of Travel and Tourism Development
- White Mountains New Hampshire, official convention and visitors' bureau for the region
Coordinates: 44°08′00″N 71°33′00″W / 4413333°N 7155000°W / 4413333; -7155000
white mountains region, white mountains region new hampshire, white mountains regional airport, white mountains regional high school, white mountains regional high school jrotc, white mountains regional high school spartans, white mountains regional hs nh, white mountains regional medical center, white mountains regional school district, white mountains regional school nh
White Mountains Region Information about
White Mountains Region
White Mountains Region
White Mountains Region viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.