Volcano surfingvolcano surfing, volcano surfing nicaragua cerro negro
Volcano surfing, also known as ash boarding or volcano boarding, is a sport performed on volcano slopes The most popular slope is of Cerro Negro near Leon in western Nicaragua Riders hike up the volcano and slide down, sitting or standing, on a thin plywood or metal board1 The sport is also practiced on Mt Yasur in Tanna, Vanuatu
Volcano surfing can be an extreme sport Potential dangers include falling off and getting cut by the rough volcanic ash, breathing poisonous gasses, or being hit by flying molten lava Protective gear, including jumpsuits and goggles, is used Cerro Negro is also an active volcano, although the last eruption was in 1999 Mt Yasur is far more dangerous with volcanic eruptions occurring every day
Sandboarding, the sledding of sand dunes, was established by the 1970s and 1980s: Derek Bredenkamp and others boarded Swakopmund in South Africa around 1974; Jack Smith and Gary Fluitt popularized it in California in the early 1980s
National Geographic Channel adventurer and journalist Zoltan Istvan credits himself with inventing the volcano boarding sport on Mt Yasur on the island of Tanna in Vanuatu in 2002, though Istvan first visited the active volcano in 1995234 He filmed his adventure, and it later aired on the National Geographic Channel in a 5-minute news segment5 Istvan differentiates volcano boarding into two forms: 1 Boarding down an active volcano where immediate dangers comes from flying molten lava and lethal volcano gases, and 2 boarding down an inactive volcano where no immediate danger is present similar to sand boarding6
- ^ Laura Siciliano-Rosen April 19, 2009 "A Sport Erupts on a Live Volcano in Nicaragua" The New York Times p TR4 Retrieved 2014-07-13
- ^ Zoltan Istvan November 5, 2002 "Reporter's Notebook: Surfing the Volcano" National Geographic Today Retrieved July 8, 2015
- ^ "An Interview with Zoltan Istvan, Founder of the Transhumanist Party and 2016 US Presidential Candidate" The Litost Publishing Collective
- ^ Ajai Raj "The Transhumanist Who Would Be President — re:form" Medium
- ^ Zoltan Istvan of Istvan Media for the National Geographic Channel "Volcano Boarding: the New Extreme Sport" YouTube Retrieved December 2, 2014
- ^ Zoltan Istvan December 8, 2002 "EXTREME SPORTS / Really Good Pumice, Dude! / Volcano boarding: Russian roulette on a snowboard" SFGate Retrieved July 8, 2015
volcano surfing, volcano surfing competitions, volcano surfing equipment, volcano surfing in south america, volcano surfing injuries, volcano surfing nica, volcano surfing nicaragua cerro negro, volcano surfing photos, volcano surfing san juan del sur, volcano surfing videos
Volcano surfing Information about
Volcano surfing viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.