Vince Bellvince bell, vince bell insurance
Vince Bell is a Texas singer-songwriter who has appeared on the PBS television program Austin City Limits1 along with NPR broadcasts such as Mountain Stage, World Café and Morning Edition His songs have been performed and recorded by Little Feat, Lyle Lovett and Nanci Griffith
- 1 Early career
- 2 Recordings
- 3 Discography
- 4 References
- 5 External links
During the early-1970s at The Old Quarter nightclub in Houston, Texas Bell met and became friends with Townes Van Zandt and Guy Clark, both of whom he later called his mentors On 21 December 1982 he almost died from head and other severe injuries received during a car wreck in Austin, Texas His recovery lasted more than six years In 2004 Bell told an interviewer, "Learning the guitar the first time was a bitch Learning the guitar the second time was cruel"2
Bell's first album Phoenix was produced by Bob Neuwirth and released in 1994 The tracks were recorded in San Francisco with session musicians including Geoff Muldaur, Fritz Richmond, David Mansfield, Mickey Raphael and John Cale Lyle Lovett and Victoria Williams contributed background vocals Rick Mitchell of the Houston Chronicle praised the album, writing, "Phoenix adroitly mixes elements of folk, blues and country in an acoustic setting But it's Bell's alternatingly oblique and soul-baring lyrics that make the album a captivating listen"3 In the New York Times, Neil Strauss wrote that the lyrics "were filled with images of misshapen monsters and twisted metal, paralysis and victory, loneliness and introspection"4
Bell's second album Texas Plates was released by Paladin/Warner in 1999 but was not a commercial success In 2001 Bell independently released Live in Texas and in 2007 he released Recado through SteadyBoy Records
- Phoenix, Watermelon, 1994
- Texas Plates, Paladin, 1999,5 In Music We Trust 20, June 1999
- Live in Texas, VinceBellcom, 2001
- Recado, SteadyBoy/VinceBellcom, 20076
- ^ IMdB, Vince Bell, retrieved 19 July 2008
- ^ Boyd, Jinelle: ""Jinelle Boyd Interview with Vince Bell" MyTexasMusiccom, May 3, 2004
- ^ Mitchell, Rick 1994-10-20 "Vince Bell's pain was real" Houston Chronicle p 3
- ^ Strauss, Neil 1995-06-27 "Poetry, Monsters and Metal in the Dark World of Vince Bell" New York Times p C16
- ^ Steininger, Alex review of Texas Plates
- ^ Dave Lifton, review of Recado, blogcriticsorg
- Vince Bell official site
- Vince Bell's MySpace page
- Daryn Kagan profiles Vince Bell Requires Flash
- Vince Bell's artist bio at the HAAM Houston Association of Acoustic Musicians websitedubious – discuss
- “Introducing the Vince Bell "Handmade Hardtop Acoustic Dreadnaught Line”: luthier Vince Pawless describes custom-making a guitar for Vince Belldubious – discuss
vince bell, vince bell degrassi, vince bell frankenstein, vince bell insurance, vince bell memorial high school quarterback, vince bell music, vince bellante american family, vince bellevue square, vince bellissimo, vince bellucci attorney
Vince Bell Information about
Vince Bell viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.