Vijay Goel born 4 January 1954 is an Indian politician and the current Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Goel is affiliated with the Bharatiya Janata Party BJP He became president of its organisation in Delhi in February 20132 He was elected to Rajya Sabha from Rajasthan in 20143
A former Delhi University Students' Union president and an alumnus of Shri Ram College of Commerce4 He has been the Member of Parliament for the 11th, 12th and 13th Lok Sabha representing the Sadar and Chandni Chowk constituencies of Delhi He also served as the Union Minister of State of Labour, Parliamentary Affairs, Statistics & Programme Implementation and Youth Affairs & Sports in the National Democratic Alliance India government until 2004
- 1 Early and personal life
- 2 Political career
- 3 Contributions
- 4 Publications
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Early and personal lifeedit
Vijay Goel was born to former Delhi Vidhan Sabha Speaker and BJP member Charti Lal Goel5 and Basanti Devi on 4 January 1954 He has an MCom degree from Shri Ram College of Commerce and a LLB degree from the University of Delhi6 He was a member of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh and was jailed during Emergency in India7 After his release from jail, Goel became president of Delhi University Students' Union in 1977 as a candidate of the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad65 He married Preeti Goel, a professor at the University of Delhi, on 8 March 1985 The couple have a son and a daughter8
Goel was the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad ABVP treasurer in 1974-1975 He exposed corruption concerning fake certificates that was then operating at the university7
Goel elected to 11th Lok Sabha from Sadar and to 12th and 13th Lok Sabha from Chandni Chowk6
He served as Minister of State for Labour, Parliamentary Affairs, Statistics & Programme Implementation and Youth Affairs & Sports till 20046
Goel had been promoted as the BJP's candidate for Chief Minister in the Delhi Legislative Assembly election, 2013 until six weeks prior to voting day According to some source, the electoral threat posed by the recently formed Aam Aadmi Party caused him to be replaced by Harsh Vardhan910 Other sources say that he met with opposition from the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, an organisation that is closely associated with the BJP and who were unhappy with how he was running the party in the state11
He was elected to Rajya Sabha from Rajasthan in 20146
He became Minister of State for Sports on 5 July 20166
Under the banner of Lok Abhiyan, a socio-cultural organisation, Goel initiated protests against state-sponsored lotteries in India in 19936 He led a campaign supported by over 120 MPs The lottery was banned in India on 7 July 199812
Vijay Goel established Thetoybank in 1987 which is a not for profit organisation that collects toys from donors, refurbishes/restores them and then redistributes the toys amongst the underprivileged children in Delhi13 Thetoybank was cofounded by his daughter Vidyun Goel 14
Recently, Vijay Goel as Sports Minister earned flak from all corners because of getting confused with the names of athletes who represented India at the Rio Olympics, 2016 He was later accused of trying to take selfies with visible tired athletes just after their bouts had gotten over
Goel restored a 200-year-old haveli named Haveli Dharampura in Chandni Chowk with his son Siddhant Goel15
- Delhi, The Emperor's City: Rediscovering Chandni Chowk and its Environs, by Vijay Goel Lustre Press, 2003 ISBN 81-7436-240-1
- ^ a b c "Biographical sketch of Vijay Goel from 13th Lok Sabha" Parliament of India Retrieved 13 April 2013
- ^ "Vijay Goel is new Delhi BJP chief" The Hindu 16 February 2013 Retrieved 4 March 2013
- ^ http://wwwndtvcom/article/india/rajya-sabha-polls-vijay-goel-among-three-bjp-leaders-elected-unopposed-477867
- ^ "BJP names Vijay Goel as its Delhi unit chief" Indian Express 16 February 2013 Retrieved 6 April 2013
- ^ a b "Vijay Goel gets a cabinet berth" The Times of India 2 September 2001 Retrieved 6 April 2013
- ^ a b c d e f g "Portfolio of Modi government ministers: Vijay Goel appointed as the new Sports Minister", The Financial Express, 5 July 2016
- ^ a b "Biographical sketch of XII Lok Sabha" Parliament of India Retrieved 6 April 2013
- ^ "Vijay Goel" Hindustan Times 19 April 2004
- ^ http://wwwfirstpostcom/politics/its-final-vijay-goel-out-harsh-vardhan-is-bjp-delhi-cm-candidate-1184309html
- ^ "Delhi: BJP changes CM candidate 6 weeks before polls, will it work" Ibnliveincom 30 October 2013 Retrieved 13 December 2013
- ^ Bhushan, Shashi 23 October 2013 "Vijay Goel loses Delhi CM candidate race as RSS calls the shots" DNA Retrieved 2014-12-29
- ^ "lottery system ban in India" The Hindu Retrieved 17 May 2013
- ^ "About Toy Bank from the founder" Toy Bank
- ^ http://wwwthehinducom/todays-paper/tp-national/a-toy-bank-that-runs-like-clockwork/article7666256ece
- ^ Sandhu, Veenu 2 January 2016 "A must-visit Chandni Chowk haveli" Business Standard India Retrieved 30 July 2017
- Official website
|Prime Minister: Narendra Modi|
Vijay Goel Information about
Vijay Goel Information Video
Vijay Goel viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.