Veterinary Recordveterinary record, veterinary record case reports
Veterinary Record is a peer-reviewed medical journal in the field of veterinary medicine It is mainly distributed to members of the British Veterinary Association as part of their membership It was established in 1888
- 1 Hhistory
- 2 Abstracting and indexing
- 3 Most cited articles
- 4 Brunus edwardii joke
- 5 Popular culture
- 6 References
The journal was established in July 1888 by William Hunting, who is said to have started the journal with loans of £50 from another London veterinary surgeon, T A Dollar, which he never repaid, and £20 from Dollar's son, JA W Dollar Although The Veterinarian 1828 and The Veterinary Journal 1844 were well established and covered some of the same ground as Hunting's new journal, the fact that Veterinary Record was published every week and carried verbatim reports of council and local association meetings gave it an immediacy that the other publications could not match
Since July 2009, Veterinary Record has been published by the BMJ Group on behalf of the British Veterinary Association
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed by MEDLINE According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2017 impact factor of 2050
Most cited articles
According to the Web of Science, the following three articles have been cited most often:
- Benestad SL, Sarradin P, Thu B, Schönheit J, Tranulis MA, Bratberg B August 2003 "Cases of scrapie with unusual features in Norway and designation of a new type, Nor98" Veterinary Record 153 7: 202–8 doi:101136/vr1537202 PMID 12956297
- Gibbens JC, Sharpe CE, Wilesmith JW, Mansley LM, Michalopoulou E, Ryan JB, Hudson M December 2001 "Descriptive epidemiology of the 2001 foot-and-mouth disease epidemic in Great Britain: the first five months" Veterinary Record 149 24: 729–43 doi:101136/vr14924729 PMID 11808655
- Whay HR, Main DC, Green LE, Webster AJ August 2003 "Assessment of the welfare of dairy cattle using animal-based measurements: direct observations and investigation of farm records" Veterinary Record 153 7: 197–202 doi:101136/vr1537197 PMID 12956296
Brunus edwardii joke
The April Fools' Day 1972 issue included a paper on the diseases of Brunus edwardii: a description of lost limbs and thinning hair suffered by an animal whose Latin name means "brown" and "Edward" The paper was accompanied by sketches of a teddy bear resembling Winnie the Pooh
The journal is mentioned and appears regularly in the BBC series All Creatures Great and Small In the episode "The Call of the Wild", the character based on James Herriot's assistant Brian Nettleton, has an article published in the Record, much to the chagrin of Herriot's partner Donald Sinclair
- ^ "About The Veterinary Record" The Veterinary Record Retrieved 2010-02-23
- ^ Edward Boden "Practice and Politics: the British Veterinary Association 1881 – 1919" PDF British Veterinary Association Retrieved 2010-02-23
- ^ "New from the BMJ Group" PDF BMJ Group Retrieved 2010-02-23
- ^ "Animal Health Library - Veterinary Journals Indexed in MEDLINE" Retrieved 2010-02-23
- ^ "Veterinary Record" 2017 Journal Citation Reports Web of Science Science ed Clarivate Analytics 2018
- ^ "Web of Science" Retrieved 2010-02-23
- ^ "The April fool's day database" Brunus edwardii 1972 1972 Retrieved 27 March 2010
- ^ Blackmore, DK; DG Owen; CM Young 1972 "Some observations on the diseases of Brunus edwardii Species nova" Veterinary Record 90: 382–385 doi:101136/vr9014382 Archived from the original on 22 November 2008 Retrieved 27 March 2010
veterinary record, veterinary record case reports, veterinary record forms, veterinary record keeping, veterinary record keeping classes, veterinary record keeping continuing education, veterinary record keeping forms, veterinary record keeping requirements, veterinary record open, veterinary record template
Veterinary Record Information about
Veterinary Record viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.