Václav Hlavatý 27 January 1894 – 11 January 1969 was a noted Czech-American mathematician, who wrote on the theory of relativity and corresponded extensively with Albert Einstein on the subject1 In particular, Hlavatý solved some very difficult equations relating to Einstein's Unified field theory, which was featured in the news media as one of the great scientific achievements of 19532 Einstein himself was reported to have said that if anyone could solve the equations it would be Professor Hlavatý, which proved to be the case3
He was born in Louny, Bohemia now in the Czech Republic and died in Bloomington, Indiana He obtained his PhD in 1921 at the Charles University in Prague45 and during World War II participated in the Prague uprising,3 but his academic career was mainly at Indiana University, which he joined in 1948, and where he became Professor, later Emeritus, of Mathematics A special book of mathematical essays was published in his honour6
He was an Invited Speaker of the ICM in 1928 in Bologna and in 1936 in Oslo
In 1931 he married Olga Neumannova, and they had a daughter, Olga4
- Hlavatý, V 1952 "The Elementary Basic Principles of the Unified Theory of Relativity" Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 38 3: 243–247 doi:101073/pnas383243 PMC 1063539 PMID 16589086
- Hlavatý, V 1952 "The Einstein Connection of the Unified Theory of Relativity" Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 38 5: 415–419 doi:101073/pnas385415 PMC 1063575 PMID 16589114
- Hlavatý, V 1952 "The Schrödinger Final Affine Field Laws" Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 38 12: 1052–1058 doi:101073/pnas38121052 PMC 1063709 PMID 16589224
- Hlavatý, V 1953 "The Spinor Connection in the Unified Einstein Theory of Relativity" PDF Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 39 6: 501–506 doi:101073/pnas396501 PMC 1063813 PMID 16589296
- Hlavatý, V 1953 "Connections Between Einstein's Two Unified Theories of Relativity" PDF Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 39 6: 507–510 doi:101073/pnas396507 PMC 1063814 PMID 16589297
- Hlavatý, V 1957 Geometry of Einstein’s Unified Field Theory Groningen: Noordhoff Reprinted as ISBN 978-1-178-77017-9
- ^ Indiana University fast facts
- ^ Johns Hopkins Television Programs 1948–1960: Highlights of science for 1953
- ^ a b Václav Hlavatý Czech biography, citing the New York Herald Tribune
- ^ a b wwwmffcunicz Prof Václav Hlavatý
- ^ V Hlavatý 1928 Mathematische Zeitschrift, Vol 28, No 1, Bemerkung zur Arbeit von Herrn T Y Thomas
- ^ B Hoffman ed, Perspectives in Geometry and Relativity: Essays in Honor of Václav Hlavatý, Bloomington: Indiana UP, 1966
- Václav Hlavatý at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Václav Hlavatý biography in Czech
- Václav Hlavatý biography in Czech includes photograph
Václav Hlavatý Information about
Václav Hlavatý viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.