Tropical Bank is a commercial bank in Uganda It is licensed and supervised by the Bank of Uganda, the country's central bank and national banking regulator
- 1 Overview
- 2 History
- 3 Ownership
- 4 Governance
- 5 Branch network
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
As of December 2015, Tropical Bank was a small financial services provider in Uganda The bank's assets at that time were UGX:25678 billion, with shareholders' equity of UGX:5723 billion
The bank was established in 1973 as the Arab Libyan Bank for Foreign Trade & Development In 1994, the name was changed to Tropical Africa Bank Limited In 2006, the bank re-branded to Tropical Bank
997 percent of the share capital of Tropical Bank is owned by the Libyan government through the Libyan Foreign Bank The remaining 03 percent is owned by the government of Uganda through the Ministry of Finance & Economic Development
Tropical Bank is governed by a six-person board of directors, of whom two are executive directors and four are non-executive Gerald Sendawula, one of the non-executive directors, is the chairman of the board Sameh Mahmoud Krekshi is the managing director Three other managers assist him in running the bank
As of May 2014, Tropical Bank had a network of branches in the central and eastern regions of Uganda The bank's plans to open branches in neighboring countries in East Africa have been postponed
- Kampala Road Branch - 27 Kampala Road, Kampala Main Branch
- Nakivubo Branch - 34-38 Nakivubo Road, Kampala
- Ntinda Branch - 1 Kimera Road, Ntinda, Kampala
- Jinja Branch - 17 Main Street, Jinja
- Masaka Branch - 2 Birch Avenue, Masaka
- Kansanga Branch - 5277 Ggaba Road, Kansanga, Kampala
- Kawempe Branch - 3144 Kampala-Gulu Road, Kawempe, Kampala
- Oasis Mall Branch - Yusuf Lule Road, Kampala
- Kakira Branch - Downtown Area, Kakira
- Katwe Branch - Muganzirwazza Shopping Mall, Muteesa I Road, Katwe, Kampala
- Kaliro Branch - 45 Zibondo Road, Kaliro
- Mbale Branch - 37 Republic Road, Mbale
- Lugogo Bypass Branch - Lugogo Office Park, 54 Lugogo Bypass, Kampala], Head Office
- List of banks in Uganda
- Banking in Uganda
- ^ a b Tropical Bank 23 August 2016 "Members of Tropical Bank Executive Management Team" Kampala: Tropical Bank Retrieved 23 August 2016
- ^ a b c Tropical Bank 29 April 2016 "Tropical Bank Limited: Annual Report And Financial Statements for Year Ending 31 December 2015" PDF Kampala: Tropical Bank
- ^ Bank of Uganda 31 March 2016 "Bank of Uanda: List of Licensed Commercial Banks As At March 2016" PDF Kampala: Bank of Uganda Retrieved 23 August 2016
- ^ "About Tropical Bank" Tropical Bank Retrieved 4 May 2014
- ^ Sanya, Samuel 6 March 2012 "Uganda Returns Tropical Bank To Libyan Control" New Vision Kampala Retrieved 4 May 2014
- ^ Ojambo, Fred 13 August 2008 "Tropical Bank of Uganda To Start Operations In Kenya In 2010" Bloomberg News Retrieved 4 May 2014
- ^ "List of Tropical Bank Branches" Tropical Bank Retrieved 4 May 2014
- ^ Ntaratambi, Sheba; Mukasa, Henry 2 April 2011 "Uganda: Tropical Bank Assures Public On Deposits" New Vision via AllAfricacom Retrieved 4 May 2014
- ^ TB 2014 "Tropical Bank Headquarters Gets New Home" Tropical Bank TB Retrieved 19 June 2015
- Tropical Bank Website
- Photo of Tropical Bank Headquarters
- Tropical Bank Total Assets In December 2011
Tropical Bank Information about
Tropical Bank viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.