Tobramycin/dexamethasonetobramycin/dexamethasone susp 5ml, tobramycin/dexamethasone eye drops
Tobramycin/dexamethasone INNs, trade name Tobradex, Tobrason in Jordan is a prescription medication in the form of eye drops and eye ointment, marketed by Alcon The active ingredients are tobramycin 03% an antibiotic and dexamethasone 01% a corticosteroid It is prescribed for a wide spectrum of bacterial eye infections Tobradex can also be used to clear or contract styes that are also found in the eye It is prescribed for the treatment of pink eye in combination with bacterial infections Because it contains a steroid, careful use with gradual reduction of doses is required
- 1 Contraindications
- 2 Side effects
- 3 Interactions
- 4 References
It is strongly contraindicated with herpetic and other viral eye infections Other contraindications include fungal and mycobacterial infections because tobramycin is inactive against those, and the corticoid acts as an immunosuppressive agent, preventing the body's immune system from dealing with the infection The drops are also contraindicated in patients with corneal lesions
Similarly to other corticosteroid eye drops, side effects include hypersensitivity and, especially after long-term use, secondary eye infections, cataract clouding of the eye lens and increased intraocular pressure, leading to glaucoma Consequently, the drug should not be applied longer than 24 days without further medical evaluation
Anticholinergic eye drops potentiate the risk of increased intraocular pressure Systemic aminoglycoside antibiotics increase toxicity for ears, nerves and kidney
- ^ http://wwwjfdajo/
- ^ a b c Haberfeld, H, ed 2009 Austria-Codex in German 2009/2010 ed Vienna: Österreichischer Apothekerverlag Tobradex-Augentropfen ISBN 3-85200-196-X
- ^ Tobradex Prescribing Information Alcon
- ^ Faschinger, Ch 3 January 2011 "TobraDex" Österreichische Apothekerzeitung in German 1/2011: 13
- ^ Dinnendahl, V; Fricke, U, eds 2010 Arzneistoff-Profile in German 2 23 ed Eschborn, Germany: Govi Pharmazeutischer Verlag ISBN 978-3-7741-9846-3
- ^ Novartis October 2015 "TobraDex Manufacturer's Information Sheet" PDF Alcon Laboratories Inc, Fort Worth, Texas, USA p 1 Retrieved 27 January 2017 Not more than 20 ml should be prescribed initially and the prescription should not be refilled without further evaluation as outlined above
tobramycin/dexamethasone, tobramycin/dexamethasone drops, tobramycin/dexamethasone eye drops, tobramycin/dexamethasone ointment, tobramycin/dexamethasone ophthalmic, tobramycin/dexamethasone ophthalmic solution, tobramycin/dexamethasone price, tobramycin/dexamethasone susp 5ml, tobramycin/dexamethasone suspension, tobramycin/dexamethasonesusp 2.5ml
Tobramycin/dexamethasone Information about
Tobramycin/dexamethasone viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.