The Path Between the Seasthe path between the seas, the path between the seas by david mccullough
The Path Between the Seas: The Creation of the Panama Canal, 1870–1914 1977 is a book by the American historian David McCullough, published by Simon & Schuster It won the US National Book Award in History,1 the Francis Parkman Prize,2 the Samuel Eliot Morison Award3 and the Cornelius Ryan Award4
The book details people, places, and events involved in building the Panama Canal The title refers to the connection between the Atlantic and Pacific oceans that the opening of the canal created
US President Jimmy Carter has said that the treaties passing control of the Canal to Panama would not have passed the US Senate had it not been for McCullough's book “All through the Senate debates on the issue,” McCullough observes, “the book was quoted again and again, and I’m pleased to say that it was quoted by both sides Real history always cuts both ways"3
The 698-page book contains 80 photographs, two maps and extensive source references
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Detailed release information
- 3 See also
- 4 References
- 5 External links
- "David McCullough's history of this extraordinary construction job between the Atlantic and Pacific is everything history ought to be It is dramatic, accurateand altogether gripping" --The Washington Star
- "Solid, entertainingly written and fair-minded McCullough unravels the complicated and sometimes deliberately obscured story that lies behind the Panama Canal"—The Washington Post Book World
- "A chunk of history full of giant-sized characters and rich in political skullduggery"—Christopher Lehmann-Haupt, The New York Times
- "In the hands of McCullough, the digging of the great ditch becomes a kind of peacetime epic The book will absorb you You won't want to put it down once you've started reading it" --The New York Daily News
- "McCullough is a storyteller with the capacity to steer readers through political, financial, and engineering intricacies without fatigue or muddle This is grand-scale, expert work" --Newsweek
Detailed release informationedit
- The Path Between the Seas: The Creation of the Panama Canal, 1870—1914, McCullough, David, Simon & Schuster New York 1977 Octavo, pp 698, ISBN 0-671-22563-4, ISBN 0-671-24409-4 Pbk
History of the Panama Canal
- ^ "National Book Awards – 1978" National Book Foundation Retrieved 2012-03-17
- ^ "Francis Parkman Prize" columbiaedu Retrieved 2013-03-01
- ^ a b "Samuel Eliot Morison Award 1978" americanheritagecom Retrieved 2013-03-01
- ^ "The Cornelius Ryan Award 1977" opcofamericaorg Retrieved 2013-03-01
- Official site at Simon & Schuster
|Films presented or narrated||
|This article about a non-fiction history book is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
|This article about a book on engineering is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
the path between the seas, the path between the seas book review, the path between the seas by david mccullough, the path between the seas download, the path between the seas epub torrent, the path between the seas mccullough, the path between the seas reviews, the path between the seas study guide, the path between the seas summary, the path between the seas: the creation of the panama canal 1870-1914
The Path Between the Seas Information about
The Path Between the Seas
The Path Between the Seas
The Path Between the Seas viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.