The Night Diggerthe night digger, the night digger 1971
The Night Digger is a 1971 British thriller film based on the novel Nest in a Fallen Tree by Joy Cowley It was adapted by Roald Dahl and starred his then wife Patricia Neal The Night Digger was the American title; it was originally released in the United Kingdom as The Road Builder
- 1 Plot
- 2 Cast
- 3 Critical reception
- 4 References
- 5 Further reading
- 6 External links
In a decaying mansion on the outskirts of London, middle-aged spinster Maura Prince Patricia Neal lives a life of drudgery caring for her blind and domineering mother Pamela Brown Into their dysfunctional lives, a handsome stranger appears, riding on a motorbike and looking for work as a handyman Young Billy Jarvis Nicholas Clay soon makes himself indispensable around the house, but his angelic features mask dysfunctions that threaten both women's lives
- Patricia Neal as Maura Prince
- Pamela Brown as Mrs Edith Prince
- Nicholas Clay as Billy Jarvis
- Jean Anderson as Mrs Millicent McMurtrey
- Graham Crowden as Mr Bolton
- Yootha Joyce as Mrs Palafox
- Peter Sallis as Reverend Rupert Palafox
- Brigit Forsyth as District Nurse
- Sebastian Breaks as Dr Ronnie Robinson
- Christopher Reynalds as Young Billy
- Sibylla Kay as Whore
In a contemporary review, the New York Times wrote, "It begs for empathy for its tortured principals, but despite the clearly dedicated contributions of Patricia Neal, Roald Dahl, her scenarist-husband; Pamela Brown and a young newcomer, Nicholas Clay, the strain on credibility is a good deal more notable than the impact on the emotions"; while more recently, DVD Talk wrote, "The Night Digger doesn't carry much of a reputation, but I found it highly unusual, and more than satisfying"; Cinema Retro called it "an underrated gem"; and the Radio Times concluded, "director Alastair Reid's neo-Grand Guignol chamber piece exudes a peculiar fascination";
- ^ "The Night Digger 1971"
- ^ "The Road Builder aka The Night Digger" Turner Classic Movies
- ^ "The Night Digger" allmoviecom
- ^ https://wwwnytimescom/movie/reviewres=9506EEDD1E3BE73ABC4B52DFB366838A669EDE
- ^ "DVD Savant Review: The Night Digger" wwwdvdtalkcom
- ^ "DVD REVIEW: "THE NIGHT DIGGER" STARRING PATRICIA NEAL - Celebrating Films of the 1960s & 1970s" wwwcinemaretrocom
- ^ "The Road Builder – review - cast and crew, movie star rating and where to watch film on TV and online" Radio Times
- Stafford, Jeff "The Road Builder aka The Night Digger" Turner Classic Movies Retrieved 2011-01-16
- The Night Digger on IMDb
|Adult short story
|Musicals and plays||
|This article about a 1970s thriller film is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
the night digger, the night digger 1971, the night digger 1971 torrent, the night digger finale herrmann, the night digger full movie, the night digger movie, the night digger patricia neal
The Night Digger Information about
The Night Digger
The Night Digger
The Night Digger viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.