The Hundred in the Hands
The Hundred in the Hands sometimes abbreviated as THITH is an American electronic music duo from Brooklyn, New York City, formed in 2008 The band consists of Eleanore Everdell vocals, keyboards and Jason Friedman guitar, programming The band was named after the phrase the Lakota Nation gave to the 1866 Fetterman Fight in Wyoming, in which Crazy Horse led his warriors to a victory that resulted in the death of 100 enemies
The band blends synthpop with post-punk and dream pop elements They were influenced by artists such as Young Marble Giants, Wire, New Order, The Cure, De La Soul, Buddy Holly, Broadcast, Gang Gang Dance, and LCD Soundsystem
- 1 History
- 2 Other projects
- 3 Touring
- 4 Discography
- 41 Albums
- 42 Extended plays
- 43 Singles
- 44 Music videos
- 5 References
- 6 External links
In 2007, singer Holly Miranda introduced Everdell to Friedman Everdell joined The Boggs as a touring member The two decided to form a band after they discovered that they shared similar music taste for early hip hop, French house, disco, ska, dub, post-punk and other genres
They recorded the song "Dressed in Dresden" in Brooklyn, which was released online in December 2008 In March 2009 the band released the single "Dressed in Dresden"/"Undressed in Dresden" on the Pure Groove label The success of this song led to a deal with Warp Records in August 2009, which Friedman calls "near the top of my list of ideal labels" Warp issued the 12" single "Dressed in Dresden" on April 5, 2009
The duo's six-track debut EP This Desert was released on May 18, 2010, followed by the singles "Pigeons" on September 13, 2010 and "Commotion"/"Aggravation" on November 15, 2010 Their debut album The Hundred in the Hands was released on September 20, 2010 by Warp Records The album received generally favorable reviews, with a Metacritic score of 74, based on 13 reviews The song "Pigeons" was featured in the third episode of the fifth season of Gossip Girl, "The Jewel of Denial", originally aired October 10, 2011
In January 2011, The Hundred in the Hands was nominated in the Pop/Rock category at The 10th Annual Independent Music Awards for their self-titled album, while their music video for "Pigeons" was nominated in the Music Video, Short Form category
The duo's second studio album, Red Night, was released on June 11, 2012
Their third album Love in the Black Stack was released on June 15, 2017 by New Ancestors
- The duo runs their own online magazine, THITH ZINE, where they "write about, and talk with, bands, artists and designers we like"
- Everdell sang on "Lover's Day" from TV on the Radio's 2008 album Dear Science
- Friedman has a co-writing credit with former Led Zepplin frontman Robert Plant for the song "Central Two O Nine" off of Plant's 2010 "Band Of Joy Album"
TouringThe Hundred in the Hands performing in Manchester, July 8, 2010
In the group's live performances, Friedman uses a Rickenbacker 330 guitar and Everdell uses a microKORG They toured in the US and Europe The Hundred in the Hands performed live at several music festivals, including La Route du Rock, the Wireless Festival, the Melt! Festival, the Dockville, the Appletree Garden Festival and the Bootboohook Festival
- The Hundred in the Hands 2010
- Red Night 2012
- Love in the Black Stack 2017
- This Desert 2010
- "Dressed in Dresden" 2008
- "Dressed in Dresden"/"Undressed in Dresden" 2009
- "Pigeons" 2010
- "Commotion"/"Aggravation" 2010
- "Keep It Low" 2012
- "Tom Tom" directed by Ben Crook
- "Pigeons" directed by Daniels
- "Commotion" directed by Daniels
- ^ a b c d Hoffberger, Chase December 7, 2010 "The Hundred In The Hands leads New York's European dance-pop revolution" New York Press Manhattan Media Retrieved July 4, 2011
- ^ a b "New Warp signings Hundred in the Hands talk to FACT" FACT The Vinyl Factory March 26, 2010 Retrieved July 4, 2011
- ^ a b Phares, Heather "The Hundred in the Hands" AllMusic Rovi Corporation Retrieved October 29, 2011
- ^ "THE HUNDRED IN THE HANDS Interview" waller not weller August 19, 2010 Retrieved July 4, 2011
- ^ "The Hundred in the Hands" Sacks and Co Retrieved July 4, 2011
- ^ "The Hundred in the Hands sign to Warp!" thehundredinthehandscom August 6, 2009 Retrieved July 4, 2011
- ^ Lipshutz, Jason S May 24, 2010 "The Hundred in the Hands Get 'Crisper' on Debut LP" Spinner AOL Retrieved July 4, 2011
- ^ "The Hundred in the Hands – The Hundred in the Hands" Metacritic CBS Interactive Retrieved July 4, 2011
- ^ Theo "Gossip Girl Playlist: Music from Episode 503, "The Jewel of Denial"" Gossip Girl Alloy Entertainment Retrieved November 25, 2012
- ^ "The Hundred in the Hands" Independent Music Awards February 15, 2011 Retrieved July 6, 2011
- ^ "10th Annual Independent Music Awards Nominees Announced!" Independent Music Awards February 15, 2011 Retrieved October 31, 2011
- ^ "The Hundred In The Hands: Red Night" Warp Retrieved June 14, 2012
- ^ "THITH" THITH Retrieved 2017-08-24
- ^ "Info" New Ancestors Retrieved 2017-08-24
- ^ "About" thehundredinthehandscom Retrieved July 4, 2011
- ^ "The Hundred In The Hands" Clash Retrieved July 4, 2011
- Official website
- The Hundred in the Hands at AllMusic
The Hundred in the Hands Information about
The Hundred in the Hands
The Hundred in the Hands
The Hundred in the Hands viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.