Tetra (monkey)tetra the cloned monkey, tetra monkey cloning
Tetra born October 1999 is a rhesus macaque that was created through a cloning technique called "embryo splitting" She is the first "cloned" primate by artificial twinning, and was created by a team led by Professor Gerald Schatten of the Oregon National Primate Research Center Nonetheless, in January 2018, scientists in China reported in the journal Cell the creation of two crab-eating macaque monkey clones, named Zhong Zhong and Hua Hua, using the complex DNA transfer method that produced Dolly the sheep, for the first time
- 1 Description
- 2 See also
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Tetra was created using embryo splitting, a process where the cells in the embryo are split at the eight–cell stage to create four identical two cell embryos, and was the first time this technique had prove successful in monkeys, although it is often used in cattle She was the first primate to have been cloned using this "splitting" technique The first non-human primate derived from nuclear transfer was created in 1997 using a different technique for "cloning"  Only two of the four embryos survived to the stage in which they could be implanted into surrogates, and Tetra was the only one to be delivered successfully after 157 days The announcement of Tetra was made on 13 January 2000, when she was four months old It was thought that by producing identical primates, advances in human medical research could be made A further four monkeys, cloned using this same technique were due to be born in May 2000
The team at the Oregon National Primate Research Center working on the project was led by Professor Gerald Schatten, who described the process involved as "artificial twinning" It was not the same technique used to produce Dolly the sheep, which involved transferring material from an adult animal into an empty cell sack
In following year, the team produced another rhesus macaque, named Andi, who was the first genetically modified monkey The egg that was used had been modified to include the jellyfish gene to make cells glow under a special microscope
- Zhong Zhong and Hua Hua
- ^ a b c d e f g White-house, David 14 January 2000 "Scientists 'clone' monkey" BBC News
- ^ Liu, Zhen; et al 24 January 2018 "Cloning of Macaque Monkeys by Somatic Cell Nuclear Transfer" Cell doi:101016/jcell201801020 Retrieved 24 January 2018 CS1 maint: Explicit use of et al link
- ^ Normile, Dennis 24 January 2018 "These monkey twins are the first primate clones made by the method that developed Dolly" Science doi:101126/scienceaa1066 Retrieved 24 January 2018
- ^ Briggs, Helen 24 January 2018 "First monkey clones created in Chinese laboratory" BBC News Retrieved 24 January 2018
- ^ Associated Press 24 January 2018 "Scientists Successfully Clone Monkeys; Are Humans Up Next" The New York Times Retrieved 24 January 2018
- ^ Meng, L; et al 1997 "Rhesus monkeys produced by nuclear transfer" Biology of Reproduction 57: 454–459 doi:101095/biolreprod572454 Retrieved 5 March 2013
- ^ "Scientists to Announce Cloning of Monkey Using 'Embryo Splitting' After Years of Development in this Controversial Science" CNN 13 January 2000
- ^ "Identical monkeys may aid human research" The Deseret News 14 January 2000
- ^ "GM monkey first" BBC News 11 January 2001
- "Researchers clone monkey by splitting embryo"
tetra cloned monkey, tetra monkey clone, tetra monkey cloning, tetra rhesus monkey, tetra the cloned monkey, tetra the cloned rhesus monkey, tetra the monkey, tetra the rhesus monkey
Tetra (monkey) Information about
Tetra (monkey) viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.