Szczuczynszczuczyn warsztaty samochodowe, szczuczyn bialostocki
Szczuczyn is a town in Grajewo County, Podlaskie Voivodeship, Poland, with 3,602 inhabitants 2004
Stanisław Antoni Szczuka is buried there
- 1 History
- 11 Holocaust
- 2 Notable residents
- 3 References
- 4 External links
HolocaustSee also: Szczuczyn pogrom
Some 56% of the town's 4,502 inhabitants were Jews prior to the war At the outbreak of the Second World War Szczuczyn was briefly occupied by German forces who sent 350 men, mostly Jewish, to forced labor, of whom only 30 returned after five months The town was then turned over to the Soviets, who arrested the wealthy residents of the town, including many Jews Some twenty Jewish families were expelled to Siberia on 21 June 1941 and approximately 2,000 Jews remained in the town In June 1941, some 300 Jews were killed in a massacare carried out by the Polish inhabitants of Szczuczyn after the town was bypassed by the invading German soldiers in the beginning of Operation Barbarossa The June massacre was stopped by German soldiers A subsequent massacre by Poles in July killed some 100 Jews, and following the German Gestapo takeover in August 1941 some 600 Jews were killed by the Germans, the remaining Jews placed in a ghetto, and subsequently sent to Treblinka extermination camp
- Fania Bergstein 1908–1950, Hebrew-language poet
- Myer Prinstein 1878–1925, Jewish American track and field athlete, three-time Olympic gold medal winner
- ^ Kopstein, Jeffrey S, and Jason Wittenberg "Deadly communities: Local political milieus and the persecution of Jews in occupied Poland" Comparative Political Studies 443 2011: 259-283
- ^ a b Yad Vashem Ghetto Encyclopedia: Szczuczyn, Yad Vashem
- ^ The Encyclopedia of Jewish Life Before and During the Holocaust: Seredina-Buda-Z, Shmuel Spector & Geoffrey Wigoder, page 1276
- Official town webpage
- Jewish community of Szczuczyn
- From the Inferno Back to Life Szczuczyn, Poland- Written by Itzhak Wertman z”l
Coordinates: 53°34′N 22°18′E / 53567°N 22300°E / 53567; 22300
|Town and seat||
|This Grajewo County location article is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
szczuczyn bialostocki, szczuczyn kosciol, szczuczyn kurwy, szczuczyn mapa, szczuczyn podlaskie mapa, szczuczyn poland map to warsaw, szczuczyn szczuczyn, szczuczyn warsztaty samochodowe, szczuczyn woj podlaskie wiadomosci, szczuczyn zabytki
Szczuczyn Information about
Szczuczyn viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.