SystemRescueCDsystem rescue cd, systemrescuecd-x86
SystemRescueCd is an operating system for the x86 computer platform, though the primary purpose of SystemRescueCD is to repair unbootable or otherwise damaged computer systems after a system crash SystemRescueCd is not intended to be used as a permanent operating system It runs from a Live CD, a USB flash drive or any type of hard drive It was designed by a team led by François Dupoux, and is based on the Gentoo Linux distribution
- 1 Structure
- 2 Features
- 3 Burning DVDs and system backup
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
SystemRescueCd is capable of graphics using the Linux framebuffer option for tools such as GParted It uses version 31450/416 of the Linux kernel and has options such as connecting to the Internet through an ADSL modem or Ethernet and graphical web browsers such as Midori
SystemRescueCd has several features, some of them include:
- GNU Parted and GParted to partition disks and re-size partitions, including FAT32 and NTFS
- fdisk to edit the disk partition table
- PartImage, disk imaging software which copies only used sectors
- TestDisk to recover lost partition and PhotoRec to recover lost data
- smartmontools a SMART suite for HDD health reporting and data loss prevention
- ddrescue to extract recoverable data from physically damaged HDD and listing damaged sectors
- FSArchiver a system tool that allows you to save the contents of a file-system to a compressed archive file
- A CD and DVD burner: dvd+rw-tools
- Two bootloaders: GRUB and SYSLINUX
- Web browsers: Firefox, Midori, ELinks
- File manager: emelFM2
- Archiving and unarchiving abilities
- File system tools: file system create, delete, resize, move
- Support for many file systems, including full NTFS read/write access via NTFS-3G as well as FAT32 and Mac OS HFS
- Support for Intel x86 and PowerPC systems, including Macs
- Ability to create boot disk for operating systems
- Support for Windows registry editing and password changing from Linux
- Can boot FreeDOS, Memtest86+, hardware diagnostics and other boot disks from a single CD
Burning DVDs and system backupedit
The CD can also boot from a customized DVD which has almost 46 GB of free space for backed-up files This makes it good for storing all the information that is needed from a hard drive and then formatting it To burn the DVD, one has to burn the image file first and then add all the separate files as well as folders This should not affect the general way in which the DVD works Then the DVD can be used to insert those files into the hard drive using Midnight Commander
- List of bootable data recovery software
- ^ "SystemRescueCd Homepage" system-rescue-cdorg Retrieved January 6, 2014
- Official website
system rescue cd, system rescue cd 5.1.2, system rescue cd commands, system rescue cd download, system rescue cd fsck, system rescue cd grub, system rescue cd partimage, system rescue cd usb, systemrescuecd-x86, systemrescuecd-x86-5.0.3
SystemRescueCD Information about
SystemRescueCD viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.