Sushila Kerketta 27 April 1939 – 19 October 2009 was a member of the Bihar Vidhan Sabha from 1985 to 2000 and also in Lok sabha from Khunti
She held several important portfolios in the Bihar government She was minister of state for irrigation independent charge from 1985 to 1988 She was promoted to cabinet rank in 1989 and headed mines and geology and the food and civil supplies departments
She represented the Khunti constituency of Jharkhand and was a member of the Indian National Congress She was also a lecturer in the Birsa College, Khunti and later went on to become its principal
- 1 Early life and education
- 2 Personal interests
- 3 Positions held
- 4 Personal life
- 5 References
Early life and education
Sushila Kerketta was born on 27 April 1939 in Ranchi, Bihar to Prabhudayal Marki and Maini Marki She did a bachelor in education and a masters in philosophy from St Xavier's College, Ranchi
Later she was married to Shri Nottrot Kerketta in 28 Dec 1970 and had three sons and two daughters named Naveen Kerketta, Shradha Kerketta, Roshan, Praveen & Asha
Kerketta was a social worked and teacher who regularly visited local villages and promoted such enterprises as local hand looms Her sports interests included archery, football and hockey She led the Jharkhand Women Hockey Association, Mahila Hockey Association, Chotanagpur, and the Bihar Women Hockey Association
- 1985-2000 Member, Bihar Legislative Assembly three terms
- 1985-88 Minister of State, Independent Charge, Irrigation, Government of Bihar
- 1988-89 Cabinet Minister, Rural Development, Food and Civil Supply, Government of Bihar
- 1989-90 Cabinet Minister, Mines and Geology, Government of Bihar
- 1990-95 Co-ordinator, Public Accounts Committee, Bihar Legislative Assembly; Co-ordinator, Nivadan Committee, Bihar Legislative Assembly
- 1990-2000|Deputy Leader, Congress Party, Bihar Legislative Assembly; Chairman, Child & Woman Development Committee two terms
- 2004 Elected to 14th Lok Sabha; Member, Committee on Empowerment of Women; Member, Committee on Labour
- 16 August 2006 Member, Committee on Empowerment of Women
- 5 August 2007 Member, Standing Committee on Labour
She got married to Nottrott Kerketta on 28 December 1970 and later had 3 sons and 2 daughters Nottrot pre-deceased her
Kerketta died in Ranchi on 19 December 2009 following a heart attack She was 70 and is survived by three sons and a daughter
Kerketta had been staying with her eldest son Roshan Kumar Surin and had not been keeping well for the last few weeks She suffered a heart attack at noon and was rushed to the nearby Raj Hospital by her family, where efforts to save her failed
- ^ a b c d "Members : Lok Sabha" 16410047194 Retrieved 2017-07-29
- ^ a b "The Telegraph - Calcutta Kolkata | Jharkhand | Sushila Kerketta passes away" wwwtelegraphindiacom Retrieved 2017-07-29
Sushila Kerketta Information about
Sushila Kerketta viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.