SUSEsuse, susette kelo
SUSE SUU-zah3 is a German-based, multinational, open-source software company that develops and sells Linux products to business customers Founded in 1992, it was the first company to market Linux for the enterprise It is also the primary sponsor of the community-supported openSUSE Project which develops the openSUSE Linux distribution The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Micro Focus International
- 1 History
- 11 Acquisition by Novell
- 12 Acquisition by Attachmate
- 13 Attachmate and Micro Focus merger
- 2 Products
- 21 Server
- 211 Offerings based on the Server product
- 212 Special editions of the Server product
- 22 Desktop
- 23 Management and Cloud
- 21 Server
- 3 References
- 4 External links
On 2 September 1992, Roland Dyroff, Burchard Steinbild, Hubert Mantel and Thomas Fehr founded the Software and Systems Development Corporation German: "Gesellschaft für Software und Systementwicklung mbH" The name SuSE was an acronym for Software- und System-Entwicklung Software and Systems Development1 The first Linux product sold was an extension of the Linux distribution Slackware, which was delivered on 40 floppy disks The company translated the distribution in cooperation with the Slackware founder Patrick Volkerding into German While the core of the distribution remained Slackware, in May 1996, SuSE shipped its first own distribution based on the Jurix distribution published by Florian La Roche
In 1997, SUSE opened an office in Oakland, California, and in 1998, moved the corporate office from Fürth to Nuremberg In December 1998, the name was changed from SuSE to SuSE In the following years, SUSE opened a total of six national and four international USA, Czech Republic, Great Britain and Italy branches On 25 November 2002, Richard Seibt became CEO It is distributed by TriTech Distribution Limited in Hong Kong4
Acquisition by Novelledit
On 4 November 2003, Novell announced the acquisition of SuSE Linux AG at a price of US$210 million5 Novell had been migrating away from the NetWare kernel and used this acquisition as a migration path for its customers6 The acquisition was completed on 13 January 2004,7 and the name was changed from SuSE Linux AG to a Novell, Inc subsidiary under the name SuSE Linux GmbH and SUSE Linux Products GmbH SUSE Linux Products GmbH was entirely responsible for the development of the SUSE Linux distribution and was led by Markus Rex During the transfer, both the partner and the sales organizations were integrated into Novell Richard Seibt became CEO of Novell EMEA and left on 9 May 2005
In August 2005, the openSUSE community project launched to open up the development of SUSE Linux for external users and developers SUSE Linux Enterprise has since been developed using the openSUSE community
Acquisition by Attachmateedit
Novell was in turn acquired by The Attachmate Group on 27 April 20118 Under its new owner, SUSE remained a separate company9 By June 2012, many former SUSE engineers who had been laid off during Novell's ownership had been brought back2
Attachmate and Micro Focus mergeredit
On 20 November 2014, The Attachmate Group and Micro Focus International finalized their merger, making Micro Focus International SUSE's new parent company
ProductseditMain article: SUSE Linux distributions SUSE chameleon official plush toy
Starting with the launch of the SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 platform in July 2006, the SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 platform was the basis for both the server and desktop with an almost identical code base
The primary server Linux distribution from SUSE is SUSE Linux Enterprise Server targeted to large organizations for physical, virtual and cloud workloads All versions are available for multiple processor architectures, including Intel x86, ARM, AMD x86-64, IBM Power, IBM S/390 and zSeries, and Intel Itanium Trial versions of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 and 12 are available on the site10
Offerings based on the Server productedit
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications11 - a Linux operating system optimized for SAP workloads
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Point of Service - a Linux operating system for the retail industry that includes a version of Linux tailored for user touch points and in-store servers
- SUSE Linux Enterprise High Performance Computing12 - an infrastructure solution for high performance computing
- SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension13 - an integrated suite of open source HA clustering and storage replication14 technologies
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time Extension - an add-on to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server that turns the general-purpose operating system into a real-time operating system
Special editions of the Server productedit
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server has several optimized editions created in the context of the respective partnerships These editions are derived from the base Server product:
- SLES for VMware15 entitlement was included in VMware vSphere Product end of availability has been announced
- SLES for Amazon EC216
- SLES for Microsoft Azure17
- SLES for Raspberry Pi
In the desktop family, the primary distribution is SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop, the successor to Novell Linux Desktop SUSE also offers the SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension that adds desktop features to the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server18 The popular LibreOffice office productivity suite is also distributed and supported by SUSE and sold as LibreOffice from SUSE19
Management and Cloudedit
SUSE software management and cloud tools include:
- SUSE OpenStack Cloud - an automated cloud computing platform based on OpenStack for deploying and managing Infrastructure-as-a-Service private clouds
- SUSE Manager - a comprehensive Linux server management tool based on Spacewalk for package- and patch management, system provisioning and monitoring
- SUSE Enterprise Storage - a software-defined storage tool based on Ceph enabling the use of commodity servers and disk drives for cost-effective, resilient, and scalable storage
- SUSE Studio20 - a free web-based tool for building system images containing operating system, configuration, applications and data
- ^ a b "SUSE History" SUSE Retrieved 29 January 2013
- ^ a b DiDidio, Laura June 2012 "Michael Miller Q&A: SUSE and Attachmate Group" ITIC Retrieved 29 January 2013
- ^ Novell & HP 14 October 2011 How do you say SUSE Motion picture
- ^ "tritech" wwwttdistcom Retrieved 2016-01-04
- ^ Shankland, Stephen 4 November 2003 "Novell to acquire SuSE Linux" CNET Retrieved 29 January 2013
- ^ "Novell Announces Agreement to Acquire Leading Enterprise Linux Technology Company SUSE LINUX" Novell 4 November 2003 Retrieved 29 January 2013
- ^ "Novell Completes Acquisition of SUSE LINUX"
- ^ "The Attachmate Group Completes Acquisition of Novell" The Attachmate Group 27 April 2011 Retrieved 29 January 2013
- ^ "SuSE becomes separate Attachmate division" ComputerWeeklycom 18 May 2011 Retrieved 29 January 2013
- ^ "Linux Downloads" SUSE Retrieved 29 January 2013
- ^ "SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications"
- ^ "SLE High Performance Computing"
- ^ "SLE High Availability Extension"
- ^ DRBD
- ^ "SLES for VMware"
- ^ "SLES for Amazon EC2"
- ^ "SUSE for Azure"
- ^ ""SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension"
- ^ "SUSE Partners with Collabora to Deliver Commercial LibreOffice Support"
- ^ "SUSE Studio On-line"
- susecom Official Website
- Subsidiaries of The Attachmate Group, Inc
- SUSE Studio On-line
sus.edu, suse, suse linux, suse linux download, suse studio, susedia, susedske pripady, susen bags, susep, susette kelo
SUSE Information about
SUSE viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.