Supraślsupraśl mapa, supraśl noclegi
Supraśl is a town and former episcopal see in north-eastern Poland
Supraśl is in Podlaskie Voivodeship province since 1999, previously in Białystok Voivodeship 1975-1998 1975–1998, and is in Białystok County, about 15 kilometres 93 miles northeast of Białystok It is the seat of the Gmina of Supraśl Its population is 4,526 2004
- 1 Ecclesiastical History
- 2 Culture and heritage
- 3 International relations
- 31 Twin towns — Sister cities
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 Sources and external links
- On 6 March 1798 was established the Ruthenian Catholic Eparchy Eastern Catholic Diocese of Supraśl / Suprasliensis Ruthenorum Latin adjective, on presently Polish territory not previously served by that particular church sui iuris Byzantine Rite in Ruthenian language Pope Pius VI's papal bulla Susceptam a Nobis di papa, thus canonically executed its erection, which was devised by the Prussian kingdom Fredrick William II in January 1797 for the parts of the Eparchy of Brėst and Archeparchy of Kiev that became Prussian in the Third partition of Poland The Pope made it exempt, ie directly subject to the Holy See, not part of any ecclesiastical province, and installed a cathedral chapter comprising a provost and four canons
- It was suppressed on 18090214, without Catholic successor, by imperial edict of the Czar Alexander I of Russia, annexing it to the Eparchy of Brest, after the Convention of Bartenstein April 1807 and Peace of Tilsit July 1807 transferred its territory from Prussia to the Russian empire
It has had only three incumbents :Exempt Eparch Bishops of Supraśl of the Ruthenians
- Teodozy Wisłocki, Basilian Order of Saint Josaphat OSBM 1797 – death 18010518
- Mikołaj Duchnowski 18030516 – death 18050625
- Bishop-elect Father Leon Ludwik Jaworowski 1807 – 1809 not possessed lacking confirmation by Rome, next Auxiliary bishop of Eparch Jozafat Bułhak in Brest and titular bishop of Volodymyr
Supraśl is also a titular bishopric of the Polish Orthodox Church
Culture and heritage
It is the home of the Supraśl Lavra, one of six Eastern Orthodox monasteries for men in Poland The Codex of Supraśl, the oldest Slavic literary work in Poland and one of the oldest of its kind in the world, is named after the Supraśl Lavra Since September 2007 it has been on Unesco's Memory of the World listSupraśl Lavra
International relationsSee also: List of twin towns and sister cities in Poland
Twin towns — Sister cities
Supraśl is twinned with:
- Zgierz, Poland
- List of Catholic dioceses in Poland
- ^ in Bullarii romani continuatio, vol VI, Part III, Prato 1849, pp 3102–3109
- ^ Augustin Theiner, Die neuesten Zustände der Katholischen Kirche beider Ritus in Polen und Rußland seit Katharina II bis auf unsere Tage, Augsburg 1841, pp 296-300
- ^ "Supraśl Information" DB Citycom Retrieved 2014-10-27
Sources and external links
- Official town webpage
- Augustin Theiner, Die neuesten Zustände der Katholischen Kirche beider Ritus in Polen und Rußland seit Katharina II bis auf unsere Tage, Augsburg 1841
- Konrad Eubel, Hierarchia Catholica Medii Aevi, vol 6, p 389
- Alfred Ignatowicz, Greckokatolicka diecezja supraska 1796-1807, in "Wiadomości Kościele Archidiecezji w białymstoku" 1976, r 2, nr 4, pp 105–116
- Radosław Dobrowolski, Opat Supraski Biskup Leon Ludwik Jaworowski, Supraśl 2003, p 333
- Nikolaj Dalmatov, Supraslskij Blagowescanskij Monastyr, St Peterburg 1892, p 611
- Gaetano Moroni, Dizionario di erudizione storico-ecclesiastica, vol 71, Venice 1855, pp 76-78
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Supraśl|
|Town and seat||
|This Podlaskie Voivodeship location article is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
supraśl, supraśl agroturystyka, supraśl bukowisko, supraśl knieja, supraśl mapa, supraśl monastyr, supraśl noclegi, supraśl orthodox monastery, supraśl restauracje, supraśl zabytki
Supraśl Information about
Supraśl viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.