Sullivan, New Hampshiremaura sullivan new hampshire, richard major in sullivan new hampshire
Sullivan is a town in Cheshire County, New Hampshire, United States The population was 677 at the 2010 census1 It includes the villages of East Sullivan and Ellisville
- 1 History
- 2 Geography
- 3 Demographics
- 4 Education
- 5 Notable people
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Named for General John Sullivan and incorporated on September 27, 1787, Sullivan was formed from parts of Gilsum, Keene, Nelson and Stoddard Farming became the chief occupation By 1859, the population was 4682 In 1867, Sullivan was the first town in New Hampshire to dedicate a monument to its soldiers lost in the Civil War3 The monument sits across from the Sullivan Congregational Church
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 187 square miles 48 km2, of which 185 sq mi 48 km2 is land and 02 sq mi 052 km2 is water, comprising 102% of the town It is drained by Ferry Brook, Meetinghouse Brook, Spaulding Brook and Otter Brook The highest point in Sullivan is the summit of Boynton Hill at 1,739 feet 530 m above sea level, in the northern part of town
The town is served by New Hampshire Route 9
|US Decennial Census5|
As of the census6 of 2000, there were 746 people, 282 households, and 208 families residing in the town The population density was 403 people per square mile 156/km² There were 299 housing units at an average density of 162 per square mile 62/km² The racial makeup of the town was 9839% White, 013% African American, 094% Native American, 027% Asian, and 027% from two or more races Hispanic or Latino of any race were 040% of the population
There were 282 households out of which 309% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 592% were married couples living together, 82% had a female householder with no husband present, and 259% were non-families 191% of all households were made up of individuals and 50% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older The average household size was 265 and the average family size was 300
In the town, the population was spread out with 253% under the age of 18, 63% from 18 to 24, 306% from 25 to 44, 284% from 45 to 64, and 94% who were 65 years of age or older The median age was 38 years For every 100 females there were 1011 males For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 1004 males
The median income for a household in the town was $51,058, and the median income for a family was $52,386 Males had a median income of $30,900 versus $24,896 for females The per capita income for the town was $21,143 About 09% of families and 45% of the population were below the poverty line, including 35% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over
The Town of Sullivan operates its own independent school district and school administrative unit, governed by a five-member elected school board Students in Sullivan attend neighboring Nelson Elementary School for Kindergarten through grade six, Keene Middle School for grades seven and eight, and Keene High School
From 1960 to 2013, Sullivan had been a member of the cooperative Monadnock Regional School District Its elementary-aged students attended school at the Sullivan Central School on Centre Street until its closure in 2012 and neighboring Gilsum Elementary School Middle and high school students attended Monadnock Regional High School in Swanzey
At the March 2012 annual town meeting, residents of Sullivan voted to begin the process of withdrawing from the cooperative school district A withdrawal plan was passed by a district study committee and approved by school district voters on November 27, 20127 On July 1, 2013, the town began operating its own independent school district By law, the former Sullivan Central School building has been reacquired by the new school district, but is not intended to be reopened8
- Charles C Comstock, businessman and US congressman from Michigan
- David H Mason, US congressman from Massachusetts and US Attorney for the District of Massachusetts
- Rufus Osgood Mason, physician, surgeon, teacher, and an early researcher in parapsychology and hypnotherapy
- John Morressy, science fiction and fantasy writer; professor of English at Franklin Pierce College
- ^ United States Census Bureau, American FactFinder, 2010 Census figures Retrieved March 23, 2011
- ^ Coolidge, Austin J; John B Mansfield 1859 A History and Description of New England Boston, Massachusetts pp 658–659
- ^ First Soldiers' Monument, Historical Society of Cheshire County Accessed February 10, 2013
- ^ "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015" Retrieved July 2, 2016
- ^ "Census of Population and Housing" Censusgov Retrieved June 4, 2016
- ^ "American FactFinder" United States Census Bureau Retrieved 2008-01-31
- ^ Foley, Meghan November 28, 2012 "Voters agree to let town exit Monadnock Regional School District" Keene Sentinel Retrieved February 10, 2013
- ^ Report of Sullivan Withdrawal Committee, 1, September 5, 2012 Retrieved February 10, 2013
- Town of Sullivan official website
- Sullivan Public Library
- New Hampshire Economic and Labor Market Information Bureau Profile
|Adjacent places of Sullivan, New Hampshire|
|County seat: Keene|
brady sullivan new hampshire, bridget sullivan new hampshire, john sullivan new hampshire, kathy sullivan new hampshire, maura sullivan new hampshire, meg sullivan new hampshire, peter sullivan new hampshire, richard major in sullivan new hampshire, sullivan new hampshire genweb, sullivan new hampshire weather
Sullivan, New Hampshire Information about
Sullivan, New Hampshire
Sullivan, New Hampshire
Sullivan, New Hampshire viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.