Steen Willadsensteen willadsen, steen willadsen 1984
Steen Malte Willadsen born 1943 in Copenhagen, Denmark is a scientist credited with being the first to clone a mammal using nuclear transfer
Willadsen graduated from the Royal Veterinary College of Copenhagen 1969, and received a PhD in reproductive physiology from there 1973 In 1984, at the British Agricultural Research Council's Institute of Animal Physiology, Cambridge, he successfully used cells from early embryos to clone sheep by nuclear transfer The procedure he developed was essentially the one used a decade later by Wilmut et al to produce Dolly, the sheep, although in the latter case, nuclei from a mature sheep, ie not from sheep embryos, were used Prior to the nuclear transfer experiments, Willadsen had developed methods for freezing sheep and cow embryos, and embryo manipulation methods for producing genetically identical animals, primarily identical twins in sheep, cattle, pigs, and horses, and for producing mammalian chimaeras, including interspecies chimaeras
- ^ Reproduction, Fertility and Development 2005, 17
- ^ Nuclear transplantation in sheep embryos
- ^ Willadsen, SM 1989: Cloning of sheep and cow embryos Genome 31, 956 - 962
- ^ Willadsen, SM 1977: Factors affecting the survival of sheep embryos during deep-freezing and thawing in The Freezing of Mammalian Embryos Ciba Found Symp 52,NS, Eds Elliott and Whelan, Elsevier/ Excpt Medica/ NHolland, Amsterdam, 175 - 189
- ^ Willadsen, SM 1979: A method for culture of micromanipulated sheep embryos, and its use to produce monozygotic twins Nature, Lond 277,298 - 300
- ^ Fehilly, CB, Willadsen, SM, and Tucker, EM 1984: Inter-specific chimaerism between domestic sheep Ovis ariesand domestic goat Capra hircus Nature, Lond 307, 634 - 636
- Scientist Profile : Steen Willadsen
|This article about a Danish scientist is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it|
sheep births from steen willadsen, steen malte willadsen, steen willadsen, steen willadsen 1984
Steen Willadsen Information about
Steen Willadsen viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.