Statutory Instrumentstatutory instruments, statutory instrument 81 of 1999 zimbabwe
In many countries, a statutory instrument is a form of delegated or secondary legislation
- 1 United Kingdom
- 2 Republic of Ireland
- 3 United States
- 4 Other countries
- 5 References
- 6 External links
United KingdomMain article: Statutory Instrument UK
Statutory instruments are the principal form in which delegated or secondary legislation is made in Great Britain The process of creating statutory instruments is governed by the Statutory Instruments Act 1946 This Act replaced the previous system in which statutory rules and orders were made under the Rules Publication Act 1893 The change took place in 1948
The advent of devolution to Scotland and Wales in 1999 resulted in many powers to make statutory instruments being transferred to the Scottish Government and Welsh Assembly Government respectively Instruments made by the Scottish Government are now classed separately as Scottish statutory instruments
In Northern Ireland, delegated legislation is organised into statutory rules, rather than statutory instruments
Republic of Ireland
In the Republic of Ireland the term "statutory instrument" is given a much broader meaning than under the UK legislation Under the Statutory Instruments Act 1947 a statutory instrument is defined as being "an order, regulation, rule, scheme or bye-law made in exercise of a power conferred by statute"
However, only certain statutory instrument are published and numbered by the Stationery Office, this being mostly where the statute enabling the enactment of delegated legislation required that any such legislation be laid before the Houses of the Oireachtas
Two close equivalents of similar operation are
- Executive orders of the President of the United States, which give instructions to various federal agencies on certain actions they are to take in various cases
- Regulations of various government agencies a form of delegated legislation are issued by those agencies regarding subjects those agencies have jurisdiction or responsibility over, or in response to statutes of Congress directing them to take responsibility over a particular subject or issue They are published in the Federal Register for public notice and comment before becoming valid, and unless objected to by Congress, become effective and have the force and effect of law
Similarly to the United Kingdom, national and state/provincial governments in Australia and Canada also call their delegated legislation statutory instruments
Canada uses statutory instruments for proclamations by the Queen of Canada For example, the Proclamation of the Queen of Canada on April 17, 1982 brought into force the Constitution Act 1982, the UK parts of which are known as the Canada Act 1982
- ^ Statutory Instruments Act 1946, section 1
- Rule Making by Commonwealth agencies- June 30, 2009
- Consolidated Index of Statutory Instruments- March 31, 2011
- Republic of Ireland:
- Irish Statute Book website — complete HTML text from 1922 to 2007 searchable
- electronic Statutory Instruments eSI — complete PDF text from 2007 to 2009, from Attorney General of Ireland website
statutory instrument 1 of 2000, statutory instrument 106 of 2005 zimbabwe, statutory instrument 122 of 2017, statutory instrument 64, statutory instrument 64 of 2016, statutory instrument 81 of 1999 zimbabwe, statutory instrument meaning, statutory instruments, statutory instruments 2018, statutory instruments act
Statutory Instrument Information about
Statutory Instrument viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.