Snappy (package manager)snappy package manager linux, snappy package manager console
Snappy is a software deployment and package management system originally designed and built by Canonical for the Ubuntu phone operating system The packages, called 'snaps' and the tool for using them 'snapd', work across a range of Linux distributions and allow therefore distro-agnostic upstream software deployment The system is designed to work for phone, cloud, internet of things and desktop computing2
- 1 Functionality
- 11 Snapcraft
- 12 snap format
- 2 Reception and usage
- 3 Alternatives
- 4 References
"Snap" application packages of software are self-contained and work across a range of Linux distributions This is unlike traditional Linux package management approaches, like APT or RPM, which require specifically adapted packages per Linux distribution on an application update and delay therefore application deployment from developers to their software's end-user34 Snaps themselves have no dependency on any external store "App store", can be obtained from any source and can be therefore used for upstream software deployment When snapd are deployed on Ubuntu and other versions of Linux, the Ubuntu Touch app store is used as a back-end
Developers can use snaps to create command line tools, background services as well as desktop applications5 With snap application upgrades via atomic operation or by deltas are possible1678
In June 2016, snapd was ported to a wide range of Linux distributions to enable snaps to be used across any Linux distribution, not just the all-snap Ubuntu Core snapd is also available or in progress for Arch Linux, CentOS, Debian, Fedora, Gentoo Linux, OpenWrt, openSUSE and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Each distribution is able to interpret the snap metadata to implement the security or other expectations of the snap in a distribution-specific fashion
Snapcraft is a tool for developers to package their programs in the Snap format for Snappy9
The snap format is a single compressed filesystem that is mounted dynamically by the host operating system, together with declarative metadata that is interpreted by the snap system to set up an appropriately shaped secure sandbox or container for that application File format extension is snap
Reception and usageedit
Snappy packaging has been deployed in internet of things environments, ranging from consumer-facing products10 to enterprise device management gateways,11 and is used on Ubuntu Touch devices Snappy is included by default in Ubuntu 1604 desktop images
Recent systems with similar goals of distro agnostic and portable software deployment across the Linux distributions are flatpak and AppImage
- ^ a b Shuttleworth, Mark 9 December 2014 "Announcing Ubuntu Core, with snappy transactional updates!"
- ^ http://snapcraftio/
- ^ Upgrading packaged Ubuntu application unreasonably involves upgrading entire OS Bug #578045 on bugslaunchpadnet/ubuntu by John King 2010-05-10
- ^ Linus Torvalds on the problems of distro packaging Linus Torvalds on DebConf 2014
- ^ "Canonical unveils 6th LTS release of Ubuntu with 1604" Ubuntu Insights Canonical Ltd Retrieved 22 April 2016
- ^ Willis, Nathan 28 January 2015 "Ubuntu Core and Snappy" Linux Weekly News Retrieved 7 November 2015
- ^ http://wwwubuntucom/cloud/snappy
- ^ http://wwwzdnetcom/article/ubuntu-snap-takes-charge-of-linux-desktop-and-iot-software-distribution/
- ^ Brodkin, Jon "Adios apt and yum Ubuntu's snap apps are coming to distros everywhere" Ars Technica Retrieved 13 August 2016
- ^ Vaughan-Nichols, Stephen J 11 May 2015 "Ubuntu jumps into Internet of Things with Acer, GE, and Microsoft" ZDNet Retrieved 7 November 2015
- ^ Sherman, Jordana "Snappy Core unlocks IoT value within the Dell Edge Gateway 5000 Series" Ubuntu Insights Canonical Ltd Retrieved 7 November 2015
snappy package manager console, snappy package manager for windows, snappy package manager linux, snappy package manager ubuntu
Snappy (package manager) Information about
Snappy (package manager)
Snappy (package manager)
Snappy (package manager) viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Random Posts (searchxengine.com)
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.