Sleep diarysleep diary, sleep diary template
A sleep diary is a record of an individual's sleeping and waking times with related information, usually over a period of several weeks It is self-reported or can be recorded by a care-giver
The sleep diary, or sleep log, is a tool used by doctors and patients123 It is a useful resource in the diagnosis and treatment of especially circadian rhythm sleep disorders, and in monitoring whether treatment of those and other sleep disorders is successful
Sleep diaries may be used in conjunction with actigraphy
In addition to being a useful tool for medical professionals in the diagnosis of sleep problems, a sleep diary can help make individuals more aware of the parameters affecting their sleep This data alone can help people self-diagnose what helps them get a good sleep
- 1 Components
- 2 Data collection
- 3 References
- 4 Sample diaries
- 5 External links
The information contained in a sleep diary includes some or all of the following points:
- The time the person had wanted or intended to wake up
- The time the person woke up
- Whether the person woke up spontaneously, by an alarm clock, or because of another specified disturbance
- The time the person got out of bed
- A few words about how the person felt during the day mood, drowsiness, etc, often on a scale from 1 to 5 and the major cause
- The start and end times of any daytime naps and exercises
- The name, dosage and time of any drugs used including medication, sleep aids, caffeine and alcohol
- The time and type/ heaviness of evening meal
- Activities the last hour before bedtime, such as meditation, watching TV, playing PC-games
- Stress level before bedtime, often on a scale from 1 to 5 and the major cause
- The time the person tried to fall asleep
- The time the person thinks sleep onset occurred
- Activity during aforementioned two moments remaining eyes closed, meditating,
- The presumed cause, number, time, and length of any nighttime awakenings and activities during these moments
- Quality of sleep
- Level of comfort of any recalled good or bad dreams
Sleep logs are often hand-drawn on graph paper, as a rule one week per page Specialized software for creating sleep logs is also available; a spreadsheet or database software can also be used Online services can also be used to track daily sleep patterns
- ^ Michael L Perlis; Carla Jungquist; Michael T Smith; Donn Posner 2005 The Cognitive Behavioral Treatment of Insomnia: A Session-by-session Guide Springer-Verlag New York Inc pp 33, 50 ISBN 978-0-387-22252-3
- ^ Morin, CM 1996 Insomnia: Psychological Assessment and Management Treatment Manuals for Practitioners Guilford Publications p 61 ISBN 978-1-57230-120-7
- ^ Charles M Morin and Colin A Espie 2003 Insomnia: A Clinician's Guide to Assessment and Treatment Kluwer Academic / Plenum Publishers p 30 ISBN 978-0-306-47750-8 CS1 maint: Uses authors parameter link
- Trinitas Regional Medical Center – hours horizontal, with shading
- Circadian Sleep Disorders Association – days run horizontal
- 1 – days run horizontal, basic outline
- Sleeplessness and Circadian Rhythm Disorder — synopsis by Mary E Cataletto, MD on eMedicine, August 2008
- Charts and analyses of sleep conditions — Dr Piotr Wozniak and Prof Edward Gorzelanczyk, with link to SleepChart application Windows
sleep diary, sleep diary american academy of sleep, sleep diary app, sleep diary chart, sleep diary examples, sleep diary for children, sleep diary printable, sleep diary sample, sleep diary template, sleep diary therapist aid
Sleep diary Information about
Sleep diary viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.