Skipwith, Virginiaskipwith virginia newspaper, skipwith virginia zip code
Skipwith is an unincorporated community in old Bluestone Township, Mecklenburg County, Virginia, United States It is located between Chase City and Clarksville, west-northwest of the county seat at Boydton The community was named for local members of the Skipwith family, related to colonial Virginia Skipwith families which began arriving from English baronial estates in the 1650s The surname Skipwith is derived from Old English "sceap" sheep and Old Norse "vath" ford or wading place One ancient Skipwith coat of arms is blazoned "Argent, three bars Gules, in chief a greyhound courant Sable"
- 1 History
- 2 Geography and climate
- 3 Demographics
- 4 Education
- 5 References
- 6 Sources
- 7 External links
Red Fox Farm was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1993
Geography and climate
Skipwith is located at 36°41′40″N 78°29′27″W / 366943070°N 784908321°W / 366943070; -784908321 366943070, −784908321 Skipwith is 139 meters 456 feet above sea level
Skipwith lies in the Piedmont area of Virginia and has a humid sub-tropical climate generalized by hot, humid summers and cool to chilly winters The average annual rainfall is 427 inches with winter-time snowfall averaging 35 inches
The ZIP Code Tabulation Area ZCTA for Skipwith ZIP Code, 23968, had an estimated population of 912 in the year 2000, and rose to 1,057 in the year 2010
Skipwith is the site of the Bluestone High School "Barons" established autumn 1955 and the Bluestone Middle School "Trojans"
- ^ a b c d US Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Skipwith, Virginia Retrieved on 2011-01-21
- ^ "ZIP Code Lookup" Retrieved 2011-01-21mw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-right
- ^ a b Skipwith, Virginia VA bestplacesnet Retrieved on 2011-01-21
- ^ "National Register Information System" National Register of Historic Places National Park Service July 9, 2010
- http://geonamesusgsgov/ Feature Detail Report for Skipwith
- Bluestone Middle School, Skipwith
- Bluestone Senior High School, Skipwith
|County seat: Boydton|
|Footnotes||‡This populated place also has portions in an adjacent county or counties|
|Virginia portal United States portal|
skipwith virginia history, skipwith virginia map, skipwith virginia newspaper, skipwith virginia zip code
Skipwith, Virginia Information about
Skipwith, Virginia viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.