Sisomicinsisomicin sulfate cream, sisomicin
Sisomicin bactoCeaze or Ensamycin is an aminoglycoside antibiotic, isolated from the fermentation broth of a new species of the genus Micromonospora It is a newer broad-spectrum aminoglycoside most structurally related to gentamicin
Sisomicin is the most predictably active aminoglycoside against gram-positive bacteria Like most other aminoglycosides, Sisomicin is bactericidal for sensitive clinical isolates The minimum bactericidal concentrations MBC have been found to be equivalent or very close to the minimum inhibitory concentrations MIC Like other aminoglycosides, most clinical isolates of Pseudomonas aeruginosa remain susceptible to sisomicin Resistance to sisomicin may be enzymatically or non-enzymatically mediated Sisomicin is inactivated by the same enzymes as gentamicin but it is active against many, not all, organisms that resist gentamicin by non-enzymatic mechanisms
Some studies show that sisomicin has been effective in the treatment of infections that either had failed to respond to other drugs or were due to microorganisms resistant in vitro to other aminoglycosides
- ^ M J Weinstein; J A Marquez; R T Testa; G H Wagman; E M Oden; J A Waitz Nov 1970 "Antibiotic 6640, a new Micromonospora-produced aminoglycoside antibiotic" J Antibiot 23 11: 551–554 doi:107164/antibiotics23551 PMID 5487129
- ^ WE Sanders Jr; CC Sanders Mar–Apr 1980 "Sisomicin: a review of eight years' experience" Rev Infect Dis 2 2: 182–195 doi:101093/clinids/22182 PMID 6994206
- ^ ME Levison; D Kaye Jun 1974 "In vitro comparison of four aminoglycoside antibiotics: sisomicin, gentamicin, tobramycin, and BB-K8" Antimicrob Agents Chemother 5 6: 667–669 doi:101128/aac56667 PMC 429032 PMID 15825423
- ^ I Phillips; BA King; KP Shannon Mar 1978 "The mechanisms of resistance to aminoglycosides in the genus Pseudomonas" J Antimicrob Chemother 4 2: 121–129 doi:101093/jac/42121 PMID 649532
- ^ ME Levison; D Kaye Mar 1979 "A randomized comparative trial of three aminoglycosides--comparison of continuous infusions of gentamicin, amikacin and sisomicin combined with carbenicillin in the treatment of infections in neutropenic patients with malignancies" Medicine Baltimore 58 2: 159–170 doi:101097/00005792-197903000-00004 PMID 431401
- ^ DG Maki; WA Craig; WA Agger Jun 1979 "A comparative clinical trial of sisomicin and gentamicin in major gram-negative infections" Infection 7Suppl 3 5 6: 298–300 doi:101007/bf01646260
|This systemic antibiotic-related article is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
sisomicin, sisomicin structure, sisomicin sulfate, sisomicin sulfate cream, sisomicina
Sisomicin Information about
Sisomicin viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.