Simple English Wikipediasimple english wikipedia, simple english wikipedia the free encyclopedia
The Simple English Wikipedia is an English edition of the online encyclopedia Wikipedia, primarily written in Basic English and Special English It was launched on November 17, 2003 It is one of five Wikipedias written in an Anglic language, the others being the English Wikipedia, the Pitkern-Norfuk Wikipedia, the Scots Wikipedia, and the Old English Wikipedia, though the last is largely unintelligible to speakers of the modern language The site has the stated aim of providing an encyclopedia for "people with different needs, such as students, children, adults with learning difficulties, and people who are trying to learn English" As of November 2016, the site contains over 122,000 content pages, and has more than 558,000 registered users, of whom 731 are currently active
The articles on the Simple English Wikipedia are usually shorter than their English Wikipedia counterparts, typically presenting only basic information: Tim Dowling of The Guardian newspaper explained that "the Simple English version tends to stick to commonly accepted facts" The interface is also more simply labeled; for instance, the "Random article" link on the English Wikipedia is replaced with a "Show Any Page" link; users are invited to "change" rather than "edit" pages; clicking on a red link shows a "not yet started" message rather than the usual "page does not exist" The project uses around 2,000 common English words, and is based on Basic English, an 850-word auxiliary international language created by Charles Kay Ogden in the 1920s
Simple English Wikipedia's basic presentation style makes it ideal for beginners learning English Its simpler word structure and syntax, while detracting from the raw information standpoint, can make the information easy to understand Material from the Simple English Wikipedia forms the basis for One Encyclopedia per Child, a One Laptop per Child project
The English edition of the children's wiki encyclopedia Vikidia has also been compared to the Simple English Wikipedia but is more targeted to younger readers rather than language learners
- ^ a b Parris, Sheri R 2009 Adolescent Literacy, Field Tested: Effective Solutions for Every Classroom International Reading Assoc p 76 ISBN 0-87207-695-4 A version of Wikipedia, called Simple English Wikipedia, contains entries using the 2,000 or so most common words in English, and is well suited for younger readers
- ^ Simple English Wikipedia, 2009, Retrieved 2016-01-26
- ^ Special:Statistics, Retrieved November 16, 2016
- ^ a b Tim Dowling January 14, 2008 "Wikipedia too long-winded for you Try the simple version" The Guardian Retrieved 2009-05-17
- ^ Ayers, Phoebe; Matthews, Charles; Yates, Ben 2008 How Wikipedia works: and how you can be a part of it No Starch Press p 417
- ^ Fabien Snauwaert 2010 How to Learn English p 34 Retrieved 18 June 2011
- ^ "One Encyclopedia Per Child" Wikilaptoporg Retrieved 2009-07-29
- ^ Lawrence A Tomei, Robert Morris 2008 Encyclopedia of Information Technology Curriculum Integration Idea Group Inc IGI p 544 ISBN 1-59904-881-7
|Simple English edition of Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Simple English Wikipedia|
- Simple English Wikipedia main page
- Simple English Wikipedia mobile version
simple english wikipedia, simple english wikipedia dictionary, simple english wikipedia english version, simple english wikipedia languages, simple english wikipedia main page, simple english wikipedia short information about dar ul sukun, simple english wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Simple English Wikipedia Information about
Simple English Wikipedia
Simple English Wikipedia
Simple English Wikipedia viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.