Siddique–Lal are a screenwriter and director duo, consisting of Siddique and Lal They were active together in Malayalam cinema during 1989–1995 Particularly known for making films in the comedy genre, the films that came out of the partnership include Ramji Rao Speaking 1989, In Harihar Nagar 1990, Godfather 1991, Vietnam Colony 1992, and Kabooliwala 1993 All of these films were some of the biggest hits in Malayalam cinema and many of them have a cult following in Kerala The duo broke off in 1993
After the breakup in 1993, Siddique continued his career as a director while Lal turned into acting, later began producing the films he acted in, and then established himself as a notable actor, producer and distributor in Malayalam film
Siddique later directed Hitler 1996 and Friends 1999 for Lal's production house Lal Creations After sixteen years, Lal did come back as a director by directing the sequels to In Harihar Nagar, 2 Harihar Nagar 2009 and In Ghost House Inn 2010
In 2014, the duo announced that they will re-unite after 20 years for the movie titled "King Liar" with Dileep and Madonna Sebastian on the lead role which released on April 2016
- Ramji Rao Speaking 1989
- In Harihar Nagar 1990
- Godfather 1991
- Vietnam Colony 1992
- Kabooliwala 1993
- Mannar Mathai Speaking 1995
- King Liar 2016
- Pappan Priyappetta Pappan 1986
- Nadodikkattu 1987 story
- Makkal Mahatmyam 1993 story
- A ^ As screenwriters only
- B ^ Credited as writers only, but the credits for director went to producer Mani C Kappan
- C ^ Siddique wrote and directed for Lal's production house Lal Creations
- D ^ Lal directed under Siddique's script
- E ^ Siddique wrote and directed
- ^ "Straight out of celluloid"
- ^ "Siddique-Lal to reunite after 20 years"
Siddique–Lal Information about
Siddique–Lal viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video