Shirley railway stationshirley railway station
Shirley railway station serves the Shirley area of Solihull in the West Midlands of England Situated on the North Warwickshire Line, the station, and all trains serving it, are operated by London Midland
- 1 History
- 2 Services
- 3 References
- 4 External links
The station was opened by the Great Western Railway on 1 June 1908, along with the line It was considered an important station and was provided with substantial brick built buildings The station was also provided with a goods yard and shed, which lasted until 19681
Until October 2010, Shirley station was the terminus for many commuter services from Birmingham which didn't run through to Stratford These services were extended to terminate at the next station Whitlocks End, with the commissioning of a new turnback facility This was done in order to alleviate traffic congestion at Shirley station, by encouraging commuters to drive to Whitlocks End, which had space for proper park and ride facilities2 The 1907 built signalbox that stood on the Stratford-upon-Avon bound platform became redundant, and was demolished at the end of 2010, despite a local campaign to see its retention3
During Monday to Saturday daytimes:
- 3 trains per hour northbound to Birmingham Moor Street and Birmingham Snow Hill continuing to Stourbridge Junction, with some trains continuing onward to Kidderminster and Worcester
- 3 trains per hour southbound to Whitlocks End, one of which continues to Stratford-upon-Avon
On Sundays, there is an hourly service to Worcester Foregate Street via Birmingham Snow Hill and to Stratford-upon-Avon4
- ^ "Shirley Station" Warwickshire Railways Retrieved 9 January 2017
- ^ "Links to Stratford-upon-Avon growing" Global Rail News 7 January 2011 Retrieved 20 September 2014
- ^ "End of an era as signal box goes" Solihull News Retrieved 10 January 2016
- ^ Table 71 National Rail timetable, May 2016
- Train times and station information for Shirley railway station from National Rail
- Rail Around Birmingham and the West Midlands: Shirley railway station
- Railways of Warwickshire entry
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Yardley Wood||London Midland
North Warwickshire Line
shirley railway station
Shirley railway station Information about
Shirley railway station
Shirley railway station
Shirley railway station viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.