Sherman Jacksonwww.shermanjackson.com, sherman jackson
Sherman A Jackson,1 also known as Abdul Hakim Jackson2 is an American scholar
- 1 Career
- 2 Works
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Jackson is the King Faisal Chair of Islamic Thought and Culture and Professor of Religion and American Studies and Ethnicity at the University of Southern California3 Jackson was formerly the Arthur F Thurnau Professor of Near Eastern Studies, Visiting Professor of Law and Professor of Afro-American Studies at the University of Michigan
Jackson received his PhD from the University of Pennsylvania and has taught at the University of Texas at Austin, Indiana University, Wayne State University and the University of Michigan From 1987 to 1989, he served as Executive Director of the Center of Arabic Study Abroad in Cairo, Egypt He is author of several books, including Islamic Law and the State: The Constitutional Jurisprudence of Shihâb al-Dîn al-Qarâfî EJ Brill, 1996, On the Boundaries of Theological Tolerance in Islam: Abû Hâmid al-Ghazâlî's Faysal al-Tafriqa Oxford, 2002, Islam and the Blackamerican: Looking Towards the Third Resurrection Oxford, 2005 and Islam and the Problem of Black Suffering Oxford, 2009
Jackson has been featured on the Washington Post-Newsweek blog, "On Faith," as well as the Huffington Post In 2009 and 2012,4 Jackson was named among the 500 most influential Muslims in the world by the Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Center in Amman, Jordan, and the Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding Jackson has also been recognized by Religion Newswriters Association ReligionLink as among the top ten experts on Islam in Americacitation needed His students include Mohammad Hassan Khalil, currently associate professor of Religious Studies at Michigan State Universitycitation needed
- Islamic Law and the State: The Constitutional Jurisprudence of Shihāb al-Dīn al-Qarāfī BRILL 1996 ISBN 978-90-04-10458-7
- On the Boundaries of Theological Tolerance in Islam: Abû Hâmid al-Ghazâlî’s Faysal al-Tafriqa, Oxford University Press, 2002, ISBN 978-0-19-579791-6
- Islam and the Blackamerican: Looking Toward the Third Resurrection Oxford University Press 2005 ISBN 978-0-19-518081-7 5
- Islam and the Problem of Black Suffering Oxford University Press 2009 ISBN 978-0-19-538206-8
- Sufism for Non-Sufis Ibn Ata' Allah's Tâj al-'Arûs Oxford University Press 2012 ISBN 978-0199873678
- Initiative to Stop the Violence: Sadat's Assassins and the Renunciation of Political Violence forthcoming6
- ^ "Sherman Jackson Profile Page and Curriculum Vitae" University of Southern California Retrieved 16 February 2014
- ^ http://wwwrevivingtheislamicspiritcom/convention/speakersphpid=15
- ^ "The USC Dornsife Initiative" USC Retrieved 25 November 2015
- ^ http://dornsifeuscedu/news/stories/1124/sherman-jackson-named-among-the-worlds-500-most-influential-musl/
- ^ "Oxford University Press: Islam and the Blackamerican: Sherman A Jackson" Oupcom Retrieved 2010-08-15
- ^ "Sherman A Jackson" Retrieved 21 April 2013
- Dr Abdal Hakim Jackson Sherman Jackson Audio and Video Lectures
- Sherman Jackson on Charlie Rose
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Works by or about Sherman Jackson in libraries WorldCat catalog
sherman jackson, sherman jackson 2018, sherman jackson homeless, sherman jackson ii, sherman jackson media, sherman jackson miami university, sherman jackson nbc news, sherman jackson reporter, shermanjackson.com, www.shermanjackson.com
Sherman Jackson Information about
Sherman Jackson viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.