Sheizaf Rafaelisheizaf rafaelian, sheizaf rafaelito
Sheizaf Rafaeli Hebrew: שיזף רפאלי, is an Israeli researcher, scholar of computer-mediated communication, computer scientist, and newspaper columnist He is Professor and Dean at the School of Management Graduate School of Business Administration Haifa GSB, University of Haifa Israel and additionally Director of the Center for Internet Research Formerly known as the Center for the Study of the Information Society and the Games for Managers Project In the 1980s and 1990s he served as head of the Information Systems area at the Graduate School of Business in the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- 1 Biography
- 2 Visiting Professor Appointments
- 3 Awards
- 4 Press Coverage
- 5 External links
He was born in Kibbutz Maagan Michael, Israel, June 7, 1955 He served as an officer in the Israeli military in combat units; he was discharged in 1977 He received his BA from the University of Haifa, MA from Ohio State University, MA, and PhD, Stanford University Was educational director of the cadet school of the Hebrew Reali School in Haifa Rafaeli has written software and books on graphics, electronic spreadsheets and statistical analysis, and a textbook on information systems for the Open University He is co-editor, with Fay Sudweeks and Margaret McLaughlin, of Network and NetPlay: Virtual Groups on the Internet published by MIT Press, 1998 He served as co-coordinator of the international ProjectH He served as founder and co-editor of The Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, and initiated the SHIL Citizen's Advice Board online service He is a member of several journal editorial boards, including those of JCMC, ITSharenet and IJKL Rafaeli is a director of NPTech Israel, and of StartUpSeeds He is also a member of the board at the Wikimedia foundation
Sheizaf is a member of the Stockholm International Challenge Jury for Information Systems' Projects Sheizaf has held visiting research and teaching positions at Ohio State University, Michigan State University, IBM, Stanford University, Technion, Israeli College of Management, and the University of Michigan His work on Interactivity and Virtual Community, published by MIT Press, JCMC, and Oxford University Press is widely cited in the Information, Computer-Mediated Communication, Internet and Communication Research literatures Rafaeli's research covers issues of the Value of Information, Information Overload, Social Networks and Network Analysis, Information Sharing, and digital life
As of October 2006, he serves as the chair of the School of Management Business Administration, at the University of Haifa Rafaeli is a member of the Scientific Management of the Learning in a Networked Society LINKS national Center of Research Excellence ICORE, where he studies the role of online tools in learning, teaching and education
He also writes weekly columns for the Calcalist and Globes financial and business daily newspapers in Israel and the YNet news site
Visiting Professor Appointments
- Ohio State University
- Stanford University
- Michigan State University
- Technion Institute of Technology, Israel
- Tel Aviv University
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- University of Sydney, Australia
- CIIM, Cyprus
- IDC, Hertzelia, Israel
- Young researcher award of the AERA
- 2006 WebAward
- "Angels in the Net" Mlachim Bareshet" national award
- Haaretz newspaper interview
- Galei Zahal Israeli Radio personal interview with Yaacov Agmon
- Sheizaf Rafaeli's personal home page
- NetWork and NetPlay: MIT Press
- Blackwell Publishing JCMC website
- The Center for Internet Research website
- Rafaeli's YNet column
- Jones, G Ravid, G and Rafaeli S 2004 Information Overload and the Message Dynamics of Online Interaction Spaces: A Theoretical Model and Empirical Exploration, Information Systems Research Vol 15 Issue 2, pp 194–210
- Rafaeli, S 1988 Interactivity: From new media to communication In R P Hawkins, J M Wiemann, & S Pingree Eds, Sage Annual Review of Communication Research: Advancing Communication Science: Merging Mass and Interpersonal Processes, 16, 110-134 Beverly Hills: Sage
- Rafaeli, S and Ariel, Y 2007 "Assessing Interactivity in Computer-Mediated Research", in Joinson, AN, McKenna, KYA, Postmes, T and Rieps, UD Eds The Oxford Handbook of Internet Psychology, Oxford University Press, Chapter 6, pp 71–88 2007 Final Draft PDF
sheizaf rafaelian, sheizaf rafaelina, sheizaf rafaelito, sheizaf rafaelituz
Sheizaf Rafaeli Information about
Sheizaf Rafaeli viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.