Seattle Asian Art Museumseattle asian art museum, seattle asian art museum volunteer park
The Seattle Asian Art Museum SAAM is a museum of Asian art located inside Volunteer Park in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle, Washington, United States Part of the Seattle Art Museum, the SAAM occupies the 1933 Art Deco building designed by Carl F Gould of the architectural firm Bebb and Gould and listed on the National Register of Historic Places which was originally home to the Seattle Art Museum's main collection In 1991 the main collection moved to a newly constructed Seattle Art Museum building in downtown Seattle The building in Volunteer Park remained closed until 1994, when it reopened as the Seattle Asian Art Museum2 Admission is free on the first Thursday and the first Saturday of every month
- 1 Building
- 2 History
- 3 Gallery
- 4 Notes
- 5 External links
The Seattle Asian Art Museum is housed in a historic Art Deco building designed in 1933 by Carl F Gould of the architectural firm Bebb and Gould From 1933 to 1991, the building served as the home of the Seattle Art Museum and its main collection After the main collection moved to a new museum in Downtown Seattle, the building was renovated at a cost of $52 million
The building was designated a Seattle landmark in 1989 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 20163
The Seattle Art Museum was founded in 1933 by Richard E Fuller, a collector of Asian art The museum announced in 1993 that it would open an Asian art museum at its former location in Volunteer Park45
A reception at the museum was held on November 20, 1993 as part of the APEC Summit, attended by the leaders of East Asian nations and 400 guests6 The museum opened to the public on August 13, 1994, during a ceremony attended by 6,000 visitors7
The museum was closed in spring 2017 for a renovation and expansion program, scheduled to last until 20198
Rishabhanatha sculpture, 10th Century
Mahavira sculpture, 11th Century
Furisode, Japan, 1800
Indra, Nepal, 13th century
Nine dragons Summer Robe, China
- ^ National Park Service July 9, 2010 "National Register Information System" National Register of Historic Places National Park Service Retrieved January 7, 2017
- ^ Reynolds, Jonathan M, ed September 1994 "Museum News" Newsletter, East Asian Art and Archaeology Center of Japanese Studies, University of Michigan 47: 13 |access-date= requires |url= help
- ^ Landmarks Alphabetical Listing for S, Individual Landmarks, Department of Neighborhoods, City of Seattle Accessed December 28, 2007
- ^ Updike, Robin June 27, 1993 "Old SAM: A museum gets ready to be born again" The Seattle Times p F8 Retrieved January 7, 2017
- ^ Updike, Robin July 31, 1994 "Honoring Asia's treasures: the rebirth of an art museum gives Seattle a long-awaited chance to savor its cultural legacy" The Seattle Times p M1
- ^ Gupta, Himanee November 20, 1993 "Meeting to remember for Seattleites: guests thriled by rubbing shoulders with world leaders" The Seattle Times p A10
- ^ Updike, Robin August 13, 1994 "SAAM's showcase: today the public gets its look at Asian treasures" The Seattle Times p C1
- ^ SAM website
- Official Asian Art Museum website
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Seattle Asian Art Museum|
|Science and technology||
|See also: List of museums in Washington and Museums and galleries of Seattle|
|This article related to an art display, art museum or gallery in the United States is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
|This Washington state museum-related article is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
seattle asian art museum, seattle asian art museum address, seattle asian art museum education, seattle asian art museum exhibits, seattle asian art museum expansion, seattle asian art museum free days, seattle asian art museum hours, seattle asian art museum lectures, seattle asian art museum party photos, seattle asian art museum volunteer park
Seattle Asian Art Museum Information about
Seattle Asian Art Museum
Seattle Asian Art Museum
Seattle Asian Art Museum viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.