Sarane Alexandriansarane alexandrian, blue alexandrian ringneck
Sarane Alexandrian 15 June 1927, Baghdad – 11 September 2009, Ivry-sur-Seine was a French philosopher, essayist, and art critic
- 1 Early life
- 2 Literary career
- 3 Works
- 4 Further reading
- 5 Texts and Prefaces
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Alexandrian was born to a French mother and Armenian father, Vartan Alexandrian, a stomatologist under the service of Faisal I At the age of six, he was sent to Paris to stay with his maternal grandmother
Alexandrian's initiation to Dada and surrealism came in the summer of 1943 when, aged 16, he met Raoul Hausmann who was staying in Peyrat-le-Château near Limoges as a refugee From 1947, he served as the last secretary of André Breton and became an essential figure of the surrealist current
Alexandrian was an advocate of the philosophy Nietzsche advanced in The Gay Science Die fröhliche Wissenschaft He headed the journal Supérieur Inconnu a title provided by Breton, which exalts four values shared by the surrealists and Alexandrian: dreams, love, knowledge, and revolution Catherine Millet is one notable contributor to the magazine
Alexandrian was a friend of Victor Brauner, and remained an admirer of Charles Fourier, and an ardent defender of Mata Hari
Alexandrian has more than 40 books to his credit His best known works are:
- André Breton par lui-même, 1971 André Breton in His Own Words;
- Hans Bellmer, 1971;
- Les Libérateurs de l'amour, 1977 The Liberators of Love;
- Surrealist Art, 1985 Thames & Hudson World of Art;
- Max Ernst, 1986;
- Histoire de la littérature érotique, 1989 The History of Erotic Literature;
- LJUBA, Paris, Cercle d'Art, 2003
- Gallimard 1974 Dans le Surréalisme et le rêve, p 246-9 Paris The author first discusses the dream of Breton and then proposes an analysis
Texts and Prefaces
Préfaces in Musculatures of Nathalie Gassel
- ^ Sarane Alexandrian: French art historian, poet and right-hand man to André Breton, The Independent obituary
- Official Website
- Obituary in The Independent by Marcus Williamson
- Obituary in Le Monde by Claire Paulhan
- rêve 1
blue alexandrian ringneck, sarane alexandrian
Sarane Alexandrian Information about
Sarane Alexandrian viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.