Ruckersville, Virginiaruckersville virginia weather forecast, ruckersville virginia fire department
Ruckersville is a census-designated place CDP in Greene County, Virginia, United States, located in a rural area north of Charlottesville The population as of the 2010 census was 1,141 The community lies amidst hills, mountain views, trees, and farmland It is located at the intersection of two major highways, north–south US Route 29 and east–west US Route 33 It was founded by the same family that established Ruckersville, Georgia
- 1 Geography
- 2 Media
- 3 Demographics
- 4 Ruckersville Parkway
- 5 Notable residents
- 6 References
Ruckersville is located in southeastern Greene County Via US 29, it is 17 miles 27 km north of Charlottesville and 29 miles 47 km southwest of Culpeper Washington, DC is 100 miles 160 km to the northeast via US 29 US 33 leads southeast from Ruckersville 13 miles 21 km to Gordonsville and northwest over the Blue Ridge Mountains 38 miles 61 km to Harrisonburg Richmond is 80 miles 130 km to the southeast via US 33
According to the US Census Bureau, the Ruckersville CDP has a total area of 28 square miles 72 km2, of which 002 square miles 006 km2, or 079%, are water
Ruckersville has one media outlet, ESPN 840, a sports talk radio station Although the station's tower location is in Earlysville, and the mailing address is Quinque, the station still considers itself a Ruckersville station
As of the census of 2010, there were 1,141 people, 461 households, and 316 families residing in the CDP The population density was 4149 people per square mile 1601/km² There were 512 housing units at an average density of 1862 per square mile 718/km² The racial makeup of the town was 855% White, 69% African American, 06% Native American, 11% Asian, 27% some other race, and 32% from two or more races Hispanic or Latino of any race were 61% of the population
There were 461 households in the CDP, out of which 306% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 525% were headed by married couples living together, 108% had a female householder with no husband present, and 315% were non-families 265% of all households were made up of individuals, and 82% were someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older The average household size was 248, and the average family size was 293
In the CDP, 230% of the population were under the age of 18, 71% were from age 18 to 24, 228% were from 25 to 44, 286% were from 45 to 64, and 185% were 65 years of age or older The median age was 435 years For every 100 females there were 960 males For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 940 males
For the period 2011–15, the estimated median annual income for a household in the CDP was $53,962, and the median income for a family was $68,043 The per capita income for the CDP was $24,082
In 2005, a pair of veterans of the local political scene proposed a road that would connect Ruckersville to Charlottesville, a sort of unofficial, mid-speed bypass of the crowded streets of Charlottesville However, objections from residents and planners quashed the proposal, which had been dubbed the "Ruckersville Parkway"
- Philip Morris – professional stock car racing driver
- ^ a b c "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data G001: Ruckersville CDP, Virginia" US Census Bureau, American Factfinder Retrieved March 29, 2017mw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-right[dead link]
- ^ "US Board on Geographic Names" United States Geological Survey 2007-10-25 Retrieved 2008-01-31
- ^ Knight, Lucian Lamar 1917-01-01 A Standard History of Georgia and Georgians Lewis Publishing Company
- ^ a b c "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Census Summary File 1 DP-1: Ruckersville CDP, Virginia" American Factfinder US Census Bureau Archived from the original on February 13, 2020 Retrieved March 29, 2017
- ^ "Selected Economic Characteristics: 2011-2015 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates DP03" American Factfinder US Census Bureau Archived from the original on February 13, 2020 Retrieved March 29, 2017
- ^ Provence, Lisa 2007-11-08 "DOA Who killed the Ruckersville Parkway" The Hook Charlottesville Retrieved 2008-02-27
|County seat: Stanardsville|
|Virginia portal United States portal|
Coordinates: 38°13′59″N 78°22′09″W / 3823306°N 7836917°W / 3823306; -7836917
ruckersville virginia antique stores, ruckersville virginia apartments, ruckersville virginia businesses, ruckersville virginia craigslist, ruckersville virginia fire department, ruckersville virginia food lion, ruckersville virginia google maps, ruckersville virginia houses for sale, ruckersville virginia newspaper, ruckersville virginia weather forecast
Ruckersville, Virginia Information about
Ruckersville, Virginia viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.