Robin Wayne Carrellrobin carrell tuley, robin carrell
Robin Wayne Carrell born 5 April 1936 is a New Zealand-born medical researcher
Born in 1936, Carrell was educated at Christchurch Boys' High School from 1949 to 1953 He graduated MB ChB from the University of Otago in 1959, and BSc Hons in chemistry and biochemistry from the University of Canterbury and Lincoln College in 1965 He completed his PhD at the University of Cambridge in 1967 and in 1968 he was appointed head of clinical biochemistry at Christchurch Hospital, the department later becoming part of the University of Otago Christchurch School of Medicine As a spin-off from his research he co-founded biotechnology company Canterbury Scientific in 1985 He returned to Cambridge the following year as professor of haematology, retiring in 2003, but as professor emeritus he has continued his research at Cambridge He retired from the board of directors of Canterbury Scientific in 2012
In 1986 he won the Hector Medal, at the time the highest award in New Zealand science He was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of New Zealand in 1980, a Fellow of Trinity College, Cambridge in 1987, and a Fellow of the Royal Society in 2002
- ^ "Free radicals" HER Magazine 2011 Retrieved 15 October 2014
- ^ a b "Application for research grant" PDF University of Cambridge 12 November 1976 Retrieved 13 October 2014
- ^ "UK branch" PDF Newsletter Christchurch High School Old Boys' Association: 4 April 2013 Archived from the original PDF on 2015-01-14 Retrieved 13 October 2014
- ^ "NZ university graduates 1878–1961: Ca–Cl" Retrieved 13 October 2014
- ^ "Robin Carrell" Royal Society of New Zealand Retrieved 13 October 2014
- ^ a b "Professor Robin Carrell 1949–1953" PDF Newsletter Christchurch High School Old Boys' Association: 9–11 July 2013 Archived from the original PDF on 2013-07-17 Retrieved 15 October 2014
- ^ Stewart, Tamlyn 19 February 2011 "Big demand for biotech company" The Press Retrieved 15 October 2014
- ^ "A legend retires: Robin Carrell reflects on 44 years" Canterbury Scientific 19 April 2012 Retrieved 15 October 2014
- ^ "Hector Medal" Royal Society of New Zealand Retrieved 15 October 2014
- ^ "The Academy: A–C" Royal Society of New Zealand Retrieved 15 October 2014
- ^ "The Fellowship" Trinity Annual Record Trinity College: 135 2013 Retrieved 15 October 2014
- ^ "List of Fellows of the Royal Society 1660–2007" PDF Royal Society July 2007 Retrieved 15 October 2014
|List of Fellows of the Royal Society|
|This biographical article about a New Zealand academic is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it|
robin carrell, robin carrell tuley
Robin Wayne Carrell Information about
Robin Wayne Carrell
Robin Wayne Carrell
Robin Wayne Carrell viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.