Robert T. Bartonrobert t. barton park, robert t. barton springs
Robert Thomas Barton November 24, 1842 – January 17, 1917 was a Virginia lawyer and politician, the author of law and historical books and articles, and a president of the Virginia Bar Association
Born in Winchester, Virginia he served in the Confederate Army, as did his five brothers, two of whom were killed in the War In 1865, he was admitted to the bar and became one of the leading lawyers in the state He was also author of some standard textbooks, Barton’s Law Practice and Barton’s Chancery Practice, and edited a two-volume set of the records of Virginia's colonial courts, Virginia Colonial Decisions: The Reports by Sir John Randolph and by Edward Barradall of Decisions of the General Court of Virginia, 1728-1741, "which has been a landmark reference work for mid-eighteenth century Virginia since its first printing in 1909"
Barton was also a member of the Virginia House of Delegates 1884–85, mayor of Winchester from 1899 to 1903, and sat as chair or president on several state and local organizations His term as president of The Virginia Bar Association was 1892-93 He was made president of the Farmers and Merchants National Bank of Winchester in 1902
Barton married twice, first to Katie Knight 1868 and then to Gertrude W Baker 1890 He had two children with Gertrude He was buried in Mt Hebron cemetery
Notes and references
- ^ a b "Robert Thomas Barton" Arlis Herringcom Retrieved March 7, 2008mw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-right
- ^ a b c "Robert Barton Family Papers" Handley Regional Library Retrieved March 7, 2008
- ^ Barton, RT 1877 The Practice in the Courts of Law in Civil Cases, Founded on Conway Robinson's Practice 1832 JW Randolph & English
- ^ Barton, RT 1883 Pleading and Practice in the Courts of Chancery JW Randolph & English
- ^ Barton, Robert, et al, eds 2005 Virginia Colonial Decisions The Lawbook Exchange, Ltdaccessed via Google Books ISBN 1-58477-510-6CS1 maint: extra text: authors list link
- ^ "Virginia Books" The Genealogy Bin Archived from the original on August 20, 2008 Retrieved March 7, 2008
- ^ "VBA History and Heritage" The Virginia Bar Association Archived from the original on September 27, 2007 Retrieved March 7, 2008
robert t. barton county, robert t. barton hill, robert t. barton park, robert t. barton springs
Robert T. Barton Information about
Robert T. Barton
Robert T. Barton
Robert T. Barton viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.