Rio Hondo, Texasrio hondo texas maps, rio hondo texas photos
Rio Hondo is a city in Cameron County, Texas, United States The population was 2,356 at the 2010 census It may be included as part of the Brownsville–Harlingen–Raymondville and the Matamoros–Brownsville metropolitan areas
- 1 Geography
- 2 Demographics
- 3 Government and infrastructure
- 4 Education
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Rio Hondo is located in north-central Cameron County at 26°14′4″N 97°34′53″W / 2623444°N 9758139°W / 2623444; -9758139 26234451, -97581364 It is 9 miles 14 km east of Harlingen and 28 miles 45 km north of Brownsville
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 18 square miles 47 km2, of which 17 square miles 44 km2 is land and 01 square miles 03 km2, or 709%, is water
|US Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,942 people, 588 households, and 476 families residing in the city The population density was 1,3943 people per square mile 5394/km² There were 787 housing units at an average density of 5651 per square mile 2186/km² The racial makeup of the city was 7719% White, 005% African American, 026% Native American, 026% Asian, 005% Pacific Islander, 2049% from other races, and 170% from two or more races Hispanic or Latino of any race were 8275% of the population
There were 588 households out of which 418% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 629% were married couples living together, 138% had a female householder with no husband present, and 190% were non-families 175% of all households were made up of individuals and 97% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older The average household size was 330 and the average family size was 378
In the city, the population was spread out with 327% under the age of 18, 90% from 18 to 24, 255% from 25 to 44, 194% from 45 to 64, and 134% who were 65 years of age or older The median age was 32 years For every 100 females, there were 938 males For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 870 males
The median income for a household in the city was $26,250, and the median income for a family was $27,941 Males had a median income of $21,125 versus $16,902 for females The per capita income for the city was $9,871 About 257% of families and 288% of the population were below the poverty line, including 359% of those under age 18 and 253% of those age 65 or over
Government and infrastructure
The United States Postal Service operates the Rio Hondo Post Office
Rio Hondo is served by the Rio Hondo Independent School District Rio Hondo Elementary School, Rio Hondo Intermediate School, Rio Hondo Junior High School, and Rio Hondo High School serve Rio Hondo
In addition, residents are eligible to apply to South Texas Independent School District's magnet schools
The Rio Hondo Public Library is located in Rio Hondo A group of retired teachers started the library in 1979
- ^ a b "American FactFinder" United States Census Bureau Retrieved 2008-01-31mw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-right
- ^ "US Board on Geographic Names" United States Geological Survey 2007-10-25 Retrieved 2008-01-31
- ^ a b "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 G001: Rio Hondo city, Texas" US Census Bureau, American Factfinder Retrieved July 8, 2015
- ^ "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990" United States Census Bureau 2011-02-12 Retrieved 2011-04-23
- ^ "Population and Housing Unit Estimates" Retrieved December 15, 2019
- ^ "Census of Population and Housing" Censusgov Retrieved June 4, 2015
- ^ "Post Office Location - RIO HONDO" United States Postal Service Retrieved on May 9, 2010
- ^ "Public Library" City of Rio Hondo Retrieved on May 9, 2010
- City of Rio Hondo official website
- Rio Hondo, Tx in Handbook of Texas Online
|County seat: Brownsville|
|Texas portal United States portal|
rio hondo texas air museum, rio hondo texas city hall, rio hondo texas latest news today, rio hondo texas map template, rio hondo texas maps, rio hondo texas photos, rio hondo texas police department, rio hondo texas real estate for sale, rio hondo texas restaurants, rio hondo texas school district
Rio Hondo, Texas Information about
Rio Hondo, Texas
Rio Hondo, Texas
Rio Hondo, Texas viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.