Richard Ovendenjohn ovenden, richard ovenden bodleian
|Richard Ovenden in 2015|
|Born||1964-03-25 March 25, 1964 age 54|
|Education||Deal Parochial and Sir Roger Manwood's School, Kent and at St Chad's College|
Richard Ovenden /ˈʌvəndən/; born 25 March 1964 is a British librarian and author He currently serves as Bodley's Librarian in the University of Oxford, having been appointed in 2014 Ovenden also serves as the Director of the Bodleian Library's Centre for the Study of the Book and holds a Professorial Fellowship at Balliol College Ovenden is a trustee of the Chawton House Library and vice-chair of the Kraszna-Krausz Foundation In 2009, he was elected chair of the Digital Preservation Coalition, replacing Dame Lynne Brindley in a post he held until 2013 He was elected to the American Philosophical Society in 2015 He is a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of London, having been elected in 2008
- 1 Early life
- 2 Career
- 3 References
- 4 Further reading
Ovenden was educated at Deal Parochial and Sir Roger Manwood's School, Kent and at St Chad's College, Durham University, graduating in 1985
He has worked at Durham University Library, the House of Lords Library, the National Library of Scotland and at the University of Edinburgh, where he was responsible for Collection Management within the Library, for Special Collections and Archives, and for the University Museums and Art Gallery
In 2003 he became Keeper of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts at the Bodleian Libraries and in 2011 was appointed Deputy Librarian
Ovenden is the author of John Thomson 1837–1921: photographer 1997, a study of the Scottish photographer
- ^ "Bodley's Librarian" University of Oxford Gazette 13 February 2014 Retrieved 13 February 2014
- ^ Meet Bodley's Librarian
- ^ "Trustees, Staff and Patrons", chawtonhouseorg Accessed 16 February 2016
- ^ "People" kraszna-krauszorguk Accessed 16 February 2016
- ^ "New Year - and New Chair for DPC: Richard Ovenden" Digital Preservation Coalition Accessed 16 February 2016
- ^ "Richard Ovenden" Archived 2016-01-11 at the Wayback Machine Balliol College, Oxford Accessed 16 February 2016
- ^ "Richard Ovenden" bodleianoxacuk Oxford University Accessed 16 February 2016
- ^ "Fellows Directory" salorguk Accessed 16 February 2016
- ^ Tim Radford December 11, 2003, £3m gift that could help save Frankenstein for the nation, The Guardian
- ^ Priceless Bible goes on display, BBC News, 3 March 2004
- Oxford Online First Author 24 August 2007 Interview with Ovenden about the Bodleian Library's digitisation programs and its partnerships with Google
|University of Oxford portal|
john ovenden, john ovenden big wave, john ovenden madison, richard ovenden, richard ovenden bodleian, richard ovenden oxford
Richard Ovenden Information about
Richard Ovenden viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.