Rhabdomyomarhabdomyoma, rhabdomyoma of the heart
A rhabdomyoma is a benign tumor of striated muscle Rhabdomyomas may be either "cardiac" or "extra cardiac" occurring outside the heart Extracardiac forms of rhabdomyoma are sub classified into three distinct types: adult type, fetal type, and genital type
Cardiac rhabdomyomas are the most common primary tumor of the heart in infants and children It has an association with tuberous sclerosis1 In those with tuberous sclerosis, the tumor may regress and disappear completely, or remain consistent in size
It is most commonly associated with the tongue,2 and heart,3 but can also occur in other locations, such as the vagina4
Malignant skeletal muscle tumors are referred to as rhabdomyosarcoma Only rare cases of possible malignant change have been reported in fetal rhabdomyoma The differential diagnosis in the tongue includes ectomesenchymal chondromyxoid tumor5Photomicrograph of fetal-type rhabdomyoma: Note the plump, pink benign skeletal muscle cells
- ^ Bader RS, Chitayat D, Kelly E, et al November 2003 "Fetal rhabdomyoma: prenatal diagnosis, clinical outcome, and incidence of associated tuberous sclerosis complex" J Pediatr 143 5: 620–4 PMID 14615733 doi:101067/S0022-34760300494-3
- ^ Pérez-Alonso P, Sánchez-Simón R, Contreras F, Patrón-Romero M December 2000 "Special feature: pathological case of the month Denouement and discussion: fetal rhabdomyoma of the tongue myxoid type" Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 154 12: 1265–6 PMID 11115314 doi:101001/archpedi154121265
- ^ Sugiyama H, Naito H, Tsukano S, Echigo S, Kamiya T November 2005 "Evaluation of cardiac tumors in children by electron-beam computed tomography: rhabdomyoma and fibroma" Circ J 69 11: 1352–6 PMID 16247210 doi:101253/circj691352 Archived from the original on 2012-12-19
- ^ Edward F Goljan 2009 Pathology Third ed Elsevier p 537 Tumour Type: Rhabdomyoma; Location: Heart, also tongue and vagina; Comment: Benign heart tumour associated with tuberous sclerosis
- ^ Smith BC, Ellis GL, Meis-Kindblom JM, Williams SB May 1995 "Ectomesenchymal chondromyxoid tumor of the anterior tongue Nineteen cases of a new clinicopathologic entity" Am J Surg Pathol 19: 519–30 PMID 7726361 doi:101097/00000478-199505000-00003
- humpath #4562 Pathology images
- Swedish National Board of Health
- Image in fetus
|Not otherwise specified||
|Connective tissue neoplasm||
|Complex mixed and stromal||
|This oncology article is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
rhabdomyoma, rhabdomyoma of the heart, rhabdomyoma on echo, rhabdomyoma pathology outlines, rhabdomyoma pronunciation, rhabdomyoma symptoms, rhabdomyoma tongue, rhabdomyoma treatment, rhabdomyoma tumor, rhabdomyomatous mesenchymal hamartoma
Rhabdomyoma Information about
Rhabdomyoma viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.