Referencecom is an online encyclopedia, thesaurus, and dictionary The site also provides machine translation and web search
Referencecom was launched by InReference, Inc in February, 1997 The site was later acquired by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC In 2005, Lexico announced that Referencecom would begin offering searches of Wikipedia content In mid-2007, the site typically ranked in the mid-200s among the most popular websites on the Internet The popularity of Dictionarycom had been greatly boosted by Google's practice of offering a link at the top of their search results that go to the Dictionarycom definition This exclusive relationship was terminated without explanation to the public when the Google links were redirected to definitions at Answerscom In December 2009, the Answerscom links were replaced with Google's own dictionary Google additionally added a Dictionarycom definition link for certain search words in a non-exclusive relationship along with links to definitions from a few other commercial reference websites On 3 July 2008, IAC acquired Lexico Publishing Group, LLC and its three properties: Thesauruscom, Referencecom, and DictionarycomThe old version of the Referencecom logo
Referencecom reproduces content from external sources The site's sources include other online dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a search of terms found on other websites such as Wikipedia and the CIA World Factbook The site can also search Usenet groups and other mailing lists
Referencecom in 2010 topped the list compiled by The Wall Street Journal ranking websites by how many third-party tracking cookies were added to the user's computer Referencecom added 234 tracking cookies when encountering a first-time user
- ^ "Referencecom Site Info" Alexa Internet Retrieved 2016-08-15
- ^ "Referencecom – An Askcom Service" Retrieved 1 October 2009
- ^ "Thesaurus – An Askcom Service" Retrieved 1 October 2009
- ^ "Dictionary – An Askcom Service" Retrieved 1 October 2009
- ^ "Translator – An Askcom Service" Retrieved 1 October 2009
- ^ "Referencecom Goes Live as the Most Comprehensive Internet Forums Service" Business Wire 3 February 1997
- ^ "Referencecom Expands Content by Adding Wikipedia Encyclopedia to Search Capabilities" Lexico Publishing Group 15 September 2005
- ^ "Referencecom Traffic Details" Alexacom
- ^ Auchard, Eric 3 July 2008 "Askcom closes acquisition of Dictionarycom" Reuters
- ^ "Askcom closes Dictionarycom deal" CNet 4 July 2008
- ^ "About Referencecom" Referencecom
- ^ Tracy Swedlow 12 February 1997 "New Web Service Provides Search Tool for Usenet and More" PC World
- ^ Anthony Ramirez 4 January 1998 "Neighborhood Report: New York Online" New York Times
- ^ "Tracking The Companies That Track You Online" Fresh Air August 19, 2010 Retrieved 2010-09-14 The one site that installed the most was Dictionarycom A visit to Dictionarycom resulted in 234 trackers being installed on our test computer, and only 11 of those were installed by Dictionarycom So on Dictionarycom, the vast majority of the trackers 200 out of 234 were installed by companies that the person visiting the site probably had never heard of"
http://www.reference.com, reference.com, reference.com dictionary, reference.com e, reference.com l, reference.com n, reference.com on this day, www.reference.com, www.reference.com/, www.reference.com/thisday
Reference.com Information about
Reference.com viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.