Ramona (1910 film)ramona 1910 film of cars, ramona 1910 film font
Ramona is a 1910 American short drama film directed by D W Griffith, based on Helen Hunt Jackson's 1884 novel Ramona Through a love story, the early silent short explores racial injustice to Native Americans and stars Mary Pickford and Henry B Walthall1 A copy of the print survives in the Library of Congress film archive2 The film was remade in 1928 dir Edwin Carewe with Dolores del Rio and 1936 dir Henry King with Loretta Young
- 1 Plot
- 2 Cast
- 3 See also
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Ramona chronicles the romance between Ramona Mary Pickford, a Spanish orphan from the prestigious Moreno family, and Alessandro Henry B Walthall, an Indian who appears on her family's ranch one day A man named Felipe Francis J Grandon proclaims his love for Ramona, but she rejects him because she has fallen for Alessandro They fall deeply in love, yet their desire to wed is denied by Ramona's stepmother, who reacts by exiling Alessandro from her ranch He returns to his village, only to find that it has been demolished by white men Meanwhile, Ramona is informed that she also has "Indian blood", which leads her to abandon everything she has to be with Alessandro They marry, and live among the wreckage of Alessandro's devastated village They have a child together and live at peace until the white men come to force them from their home as they claim the land Their baby perishes, and then Alessandro is then killed by the white men Ramona is then rescued by Felipe and returned to her family back on the ranch3
- Mary Pickford as Ramona
- Henry B Walthall as Alessandro
- Francis J Grandon as Felipe
- Kate Bruce as The Mother
- W Chrystie Miller as The Priest Mary Pickford, the actress who plays Ramona
- Dorothy Bernard
- Gertrude Claire as Woman in west
- Robert Harron
- Dell Henderson as Man at burial
- Mae Marsh
- Frank Opperman as Ranch hand
- Anthony O'Sullivan as Ranch hand
- Jack Pickford as A boy
- Mack Sennett as White exploiter
- List of American films of 1910
- D W Griffith filmography
- Henry B Walthall, the actor who plays Alessandro Mary Pickford filmography
- Ramona 1928 film
- Ramona 1936 film
- ^ "Ramona 1910 -- Movie Clip Opening" Turner Classic Movies Retrieved October 4, 2016
- ^ "Progressive Silent Film List: Ramona" Silent Era Retrieved June 2, 2008
- ^ Moving Picture World "Ramona 1910 Plot Summary" IMDB Retrieved September 30, 2015
- Ramona on Internet Movie Database
- Ramona on YouTube
- Ramona 1910 film is available for free download at the Internet Archive
ramona 1910 film camera, ramona 1910 film font, ramona 1910 film of cars
Ramona (1910 film) Information about
Ramona (1910 film)
Ramona (1910 film)
Ramona (1910 film) viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.