Raimo Tuomelaraimo tuomela, raimo tuomela philosophy
Raimo Tuomela born October 9, 1940 in Helsinki, Finland is a Finnish philosopher Tuomela received his first degree of doctor of philosophy in 1968 from the University of Helsinki and the second one in 1969 from Stanford University Tuomela has been full professor of philosophy especially methodology and philosophy of the social sciences at the Department of Philosophy, University of Helsinki since 1971
Having earlier worked and published in many fields of philosophy, especially philosophy of science and philosophy of action, the theory of social action has been his main research interest
Tuomela has received several grants and awards, including the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Research Award Forschungspreis, awarded in recognition of achievements in research
During the five-year period 1995–2000, Tuomela was Academy Professor at the Academy of Finland This research professorship also included a research group working within the general field of the philosophy of social action
- 1 Books in English
- 2 Books in Finnish
- 3 See also
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Books in English
- Theoretical Concepts Library of Exact Philosophy 10, Springer-Verlag, Wien and New York, 1973, 254 pp
- Theoretical Concepts and Hypothetico-Inductive Inference together with Ilkka Niiniluoto Synthese Library, D Reidel Publishing Company, Dordrecht and Boston, 1973, 262 pp
- Human Action and Its Explanation: A Study on the Philosophical Foundations of Psychology Synthese Library, D Reidel Publishing Co, Dordrecht and Boston, 1977, 426 pp
- A Theory of Social Action D Reidel Publishing Company, Dordrecht, Boston, and Lancaster, 1984, 534 pp
- Science, Action, and Reality D Reidel Publishing Company, Dordrecht, Boston, and Lancaster, 1985, 274 pp
- The Importance of Us: A Philosophical Study of Basic Social Notions Stanford Series in Philosophy, Stanford University Press, Stanford, Calif, 1995, 470 pp
- Cooperation: A Philosophical Study, Philosophical Studies Series, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2000, 431 pp
- The Philosophy of Social Practices: A Collective Acceptance View, Cambridge University Press, 2002, 274 pp
- The Philosophy of Sociality, Oxford University Press, 2007, 318 pp
- Social Ontology: Collective Intentionality and Group Agents, 2013, New York: Oxford University Press
Books in Finnish
- Tiede, toiminta ja todellisuus Tieteellisen maailmankäsityksen filosofiset perusteet, Gaudeamus, Jyväskylä, 1983
- Collective Intentionality
- ^ "Raimo Tuomela" wwwhelsinkifi Retrieved 2017-02-19
- Official website
raimo tuomela, raimo tuomela philosophy
Raimo Tuomela Information about
Raimo Tuomela viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.