The Qingdao–Jinan railway or Jiaoji Railway simplified Chinese: 胶济铁路; traditional Chinese: 膠濟鐵路; pinyin: Jiāojì Tiělù, formerly the Shantung Railway is a railway in Shandong Province, China The railway is 393 km in length and connects Qingdao, on the Jiaozhou Bay, and Jinan, the provincial capital of Shandong Adolph von Hansemann and other German financiers funded construction of the railway, then known as Schantung Eisenbahn Gesellschaft Shantung Railway Company, which began September 23, 1899, and was completed in 1904 Since the quadruple tracking of this corridor with the opening of the parallel Qingdao–Jinan passenger railway the line is mostly used for freight with some conventional passenger services
- 1 Rail connections
- 2 History
- 3 Incidents
- 4 References
- 5 Bibliography
- 6 See also
- Jinan: Beijing–Shanghai railway, Handan–Jinan railway
- Zibo: Zibo–Dongying railway
- ] ]: Lancun–Yantai railway
- Jiaozhou: Jiaozhou–Xinyi railway
HistorySteam locomotive 409 of the Shantung Railway, built by Kisha Seizō of Japan in 1922
As the Qingdao–Jinan railway could be used to transport a large number of soldiers through the mountainous countryside of the Shandong Peninsula, it was of great military significance during the Warlord Era 1916–1928 and Nanjing decade 1928–1937 of China, as various warlords used it in their conflicts In late 1932, the railway saw heavy fighting as warlord Han Fuju sought to capture its eastern section from his rival Liu Zhennian during a war for eastern Shandong Liu's troops managed to beat off the attacks, forcing Han to resort to the region's road network which was of bad quality at the time to move his army, significantly prolonging the war Nevertheless, Han eventually won, unifying all of Shandong under his rule
It was originally opened by the German-owned Shantung Railway Company, and after the Germans were defeated in China by the Japanese during the First World War, it passed to Chinese control as the Jiaoji Railway Company After the Japanese occupation of northern China during the Second Sino-Japanese War, the Jiaoji Railway was nationalised and made part of the North China Transportation Company After the establishment of the People's Republic of China, the railway became part of China Railway
- 2008 Shandong train collision
- ^ 斯, 李 "1904年06月01日 胶济铁路通车" wwwtodayonhistorycom Retrieved 1 September 2014mw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-rightmw-parser-output citation mw-selflink
- ^ Jowett 2017, p 207
- ^ Jowett 2017, pp 207–208
- Jowett, Philip S 2017 The Bitter Peace Conflict in China 1928–37 Stroud: Amberley Publishing ISBN 978-1445651927CS1 maint: ref=harv link
- Qingdao–Jinan high-speed railway – a new parallel dedicated high-speed railway running north of the Qingdao–Jinan railway
- Qingdao–Jinan passenger railway – a new high-speed railway running alongside the Qingdao–Jinan railway
- List of railways in China
- Rail transport in the People's Republic of China
|This People's Republic of China rail-related article is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it|
Qingdao–Jinan railway Information about
Qingdao–Jinan railway viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.