Puyuma peoplepuyuma people magazine, puyuma people search
The Puyuma Chinese: 卑南族; pinyin: Bēinán-zú; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Puyuma-cho̍k, Pi-lâm-cho̍k, also known as the Pinuyumayan, Peinan or Beinan, are one of the indigenous groups of the Taiwanese aborigines The people are generally divided into the Chihpen and Nanwang groups, both resident in Taitung County on the east coast of Taiwan
In the year 2000 the Puyuma numbered 9,606 This was approximately 24% of Taiwan's total indigenous population, making them the sixth-largest indigenous group1 The Puyuma speak the Puyuma language, as well as Mandarin and Taiwanese Hokkien
The name "Puyuma" means "unity" or "concord," and was originally the autonym of the speakers of the Nanwang dialect2 Zeitoun and Cauquelin 2006 also note that the word Puyuma can be analyzed as pu'-uma, which means "to send to the field"
- 1 Peinan Site
- 2 Villages
- 3 Notable Puyuma people
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
The earliest records of the prehistoric Peinan Site in Taitung City were made by Torii Ryūzō, an anthropologist in the early period of the Japanese occupation of Taiwan During his four visits to Taiwan for anthropological research, he took photos of the monolithic stone pillars at the site Beinan Cultural Park opened in 1997 to display and preserve the archaeological site, considered the most important one in Taiwan An indoor/outdoor Museum of Prehistory opened in 20023
Puyuma villages include ordered from north to south:4
- Puyuma Nanwang
Notable Puyuma peopleeditA-mei
- A-mei, pop singer
- Paelabang Danapan, Minister of the Council of Indigenous Peoples 2009-2013
- Saya Chang, singer and A-mei's younger sister
- Erica Chiang, singer
- Jane Huang, singer of Taiwanese rock duo Y2J
- Samingad, singer
- Purdur, singer
- Panai, singer
- Tank, singer
- Sangpuy Katatepan Mavaliyw, Puyuma language singer
- Baday, author
- Kuciling Katatepan, traditional carver
- Iming, sculptor
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Puyuma People|
- Demographics of Taiwan
- Taiwanese aborigines
- ^ Directorate General of Budget, Accounting and Statistics, Executive Yuan, ROC DGBAS National Statistics, Republic of China Taiwan Preliminary statistical analysis report of 2000 Population and Housing Census Excerpted from Table 28:Indigenous population distribution in Taiwan-Fukien Area Accessed 8/30/06
- ^ Teng, Stacy Fang-Ching 2008 A reference grammar of Puyuma, an Austronesian language of Taiwan Pacific linguistics 595 Canberra: Pacific Linguistics, Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies, Australian National University ISBN 9780858835870
- ^ "The National Museum of Prehistory and Beinan Culture Park" Taiwan the Heart of Asia 2013 Retrieved 2016-12-14
- ^ Cauquelin, Josiane 1991 Dictionnaire puyuma-français Paris: Ecole Française d'Extreme-Orient ISBN 9782855395517
- Taiwan Culture Portal: Making a man out of a boy: the Puyumas’ rite of passage in the House of Men in English
- A Puyuma singer's story Singer works to insert indigenous songs into mainstream
by the Taiwanese government
by the Taiwanese government
|This biographical article related to Taiwan is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
|This article about an ethnic group in Asia is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
puyuma people finder, puyuma people magazine, puyuma people search, puyuma peoples
Puyuma people Information about
Puyuma people viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.