Print Wikipediaprint wikipedia, print wikipedia page
Print Wikipedia is an art project by Michael Mandiberg that printed 106 of the 7,473 volumes of English Wikipedia as it existed on April 7, 2015 and also included wallpaper displaying 1,980 additional volumes A 36-volume index of all of the 75 million contributors to English Wikipedia is also part of the project The table of contents takes up 91 700-page volumes The printed volume only includes text of the articles Images and references are not included The project was shown at Denny Gallery in New York City in the summer of 2015 Wikipedia page from Contributor Appendix detail
Michael originally thought of the project in 2009 but ran into technical difficulties He then engaged an assistant, Jonathan Kirinathan, to aid with the programming of the code to compile, format and upload an entire English Wikipedia download The print files were uploaded to self book publisher Lulucom and are available for printout as paper volumes
Michael's motivation was to answer the question, "How big is it" For a big data entity, its size is on the threshold of what can be perceived as a collection of volumes, but not so large as to overwhelm one's senses, such as the data files of Facebook or the NSA Katherine Maher, chief communications officer of the Wikimedia Foundation, has described it as "a gesture at knowledge" It has also been described as a "futile grand gesture" Wikimedia has cooperated with the project and Lulucom has helped fund it
The task took three years, and the upload process took 24 days, 3 hours and 18 minutes It was completed 12 July 2015 PediaPress had attempted to raise money for a full English Wikipedia print out on Indiegogo in 2014, but the project was pulled Michael estimates that the printing costs of a full printout are around $500,000 The Denny art exhibit featured only a selection of actually printed volumes with about 2000 of the other volumes represented as spines on the wall The show revolved around the actual upload of the print files to LulucomPlay media Michael Mandiberg talks about Print Wikipedia
- 2015 in art
- ^ a b c "Print Wikipedia, in 7,600 volumes, to sell for $500,000", The Hindu, 22 June 2015
- ^ Sawers, Paul 17 June 2015 "You can soon buy a 7,471-volume printed version of English Wikipedia for $500,000" VentureBeat Retrieved 29 January 2016
- ^ a b Jennifer Schuessler, “Moving Wikipedia From Computer to Many, Many Bookshelves” New York Times, 16 June 2015
- ^ Wikipedia, Volume 0873, Arturo O'Farrill Jr --- Art Deco, Publisher Michael Mandiberg, 2015, page 611450 ISBN 9781329244580
- ^ a b Natalie Hegert, “Standing Out in the Crowd: 10 Summer Solo Shows Around the World in 2015", MutualArtcom, 24 June 2015
- ^ "Why Print Copies of Wikipedia" Interview with Michael Mandiberg by Dan Damon, BBC World Update, 19 June 2015
- ^ Schuessler, Jennifer 13 July 2015 "Print Wikipedia Project Reaches Final Entry" The New York Times Retrieved 13 July 2015
- ^ Hannah Ghorashi, “From AAAAA! ToZZZAP!: Michael Mandiberg on his plan to print Wikipedia”, ARTnews, 24 June 2015
- Print Wikipedia web site
art print wikipedia, block print wikipedia, blueprint wikipedia, books in print wikipedia, hatch show print wikipedia, micul print wikipedia, print wikipedia, print wikipedia article, print wikipedia page, small print wikipedia
Print Wikipedia Information about
Print Wikipedia viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.