Portuguese Wikipediaitalian wikipedia, portuguese wikipedia
The Portuguese Wikipedia Portuguese: "Wikipédia em português" or "Wikipédia lusófona" is the Portuguese language edition of Wikipedia written Wikipédia, in Portuguese, the free encyclopedia It was started on 11 May 2001 It is currently July 2016 the thirteenth largest Wikipedia by article count, containing 928951 articles
- 1 History
- 2 Characteristics
- 3 References
- 4 Notes
- 5 External links
From late 2004, the edition grew rapidly During May 2005, it overtook both the Spanish and Italian language Wikipedias By comparison, in May 2004 it was only the 17th Wikipedia by the number of articles
Portuguese articles can contain variations of writing, as European Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese have differences in vocabulary and usage Articles can contain written characteristics of one or the other variant depending on who wrote the article
The Portuguese Wikipedia community decided not to split a separate Brazilian Portuguese version off from the Portuguese Wikipedia In 2005, a proposal to fork Portuguese Wikipedia and create a Brazilian Portuguese pt-br version was voted down by the Wikimedia community In 2007 another one to create European Portuguese was rejected too by the Wikimedia community In 2009 another one to create in Brazilian Portuguese was rejected, but this time by language committee, according to new policies to create new Wikipedia editions, with the following explanation: "Brazilian Portuguese is not a separate language this is a requirement"
In December 2010, the Portuguese Wikipedia overtook the Dutch language Wikipedia in number of articles, but in the first quarter of 2011 it was surpassed by the Russian and Dutch language Wikipedias, ranking in the tenth position It is currently 2016 the 14th Wikipedia version by number of articles
In April 2016, the project had 1388 active editors who made at least five edits in that month
CharacteristicsThe countries in which the Portuguese Wikipedia is the most popular language version of Wikipedia are shown in red
The Portuguese language Wikipedia is different from the English one in a number of aspects
- In order for a page to be deleted, one may take it to "Eliminação rápida" Quick elimination, similar to the speedy deletion, "Eliminação semirrápida" Semi-quick elimination, similar to the proposed deletion, or "Páginas para eliminar" Pages to eliminate, similar to the articles for deletion
- The articles for deletion process is not headed towards a consensus, but towards a proportion of votes If the proportion of delete/keep votes reaches 2/3, the page is deleted, and the reverse applies just the same This was decided via another voting process The discussion page is kept for at least seven days, after which an administrator or eliminator will close the debate if the proportion has been reached In case not, the discussion is prolonged for seven more days Editors do not necessarily need to provide a reason for their vote, although they need to have the "right to vote" To earn this right, editors must be logged in, must have done a valid undeleted and unreverted edit at least 90 days ago, and must have at least 300 valid edits
- Fair use images have always been forbidden However, debates have been raised concerning the fair use policy, all of them failing to have the uploading of such images allowed Actually, uploading pictures at the Portuguese Wikipedia has been fully disabled In order to have a picture at an article, one must create an account at the Wikimedia Commons and then link it to the page On-going campaigns are reuniting people in favour and against the usage of fair use As of February 2009, the number of editors in favour is higher than the number of editors against it In August 2009, though, a new debate was raised in order for users to approve or deny the creation of a policy of uploading fair use media named "Uso Restrito de Conteúdo" there, which translates as Restricted Use of Contents This debate resulted in 142 votes for "yes" against 120 votes for "no", which means the policy was approved Now, it is implemented
- As much as the English language, Portuguese language also has significant regional differences on vocabulary, grammar and spelling It is accepted that an article written in Brazilian Portuguese should be kept as it is, and the same applies to articles in European Portuguese However, if one rewrites the article in another variant provided content was changed, not merely the language, but leave some words in the former variant, these words should be rewritten in accordance with the new version's variant of the article
- Completion of a CAPTCHA image is required for a user to make any edit if the user is not using a registered username Disabled in 01/01/2014
- Lih, Andrew The Wikipedia Revolution: How a Bunch of Nobodies Created the World's Greatest Encyclopedia Hyperion, New York City 2009 First Edition ISBN 978-1-4013-0371-6 alkaline paper
- ^ https://listswikimediaorg/pipermail/wikipedia-l/2001-May/000116html
- ^ Lih, p 136
- ^ meta:Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Brazilian Portuguese
- ^ meta:Requests for new languages/Wikipedia European Portuguese
- ^ meta:Language proposal policy
- ^ meta:Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Brazilian Portuguese 2
- ^ In coincidence with a stalling of editing activity rates across all projects combined, see stats:EN/PlotEditsZZpng
- ^ stats:EN/EditsRevertsPThtm and in particular stats:EN/PlotRevertsTrendsPTpng; no data available after early 2010, as of June 2013
- ^ MediaWiki:Monobookjs, 2007-01-31; removed from MediaWiki:Commonjs in 2008-01-25, the same day of introduction of an "emergency captcha" for all edits
- ^ Erik Zachte 14 November 2011 "Wikimedia Traffic Analysis Report - Wikipedia Page Views Per Country - Trends" Wikimedia Statistics Retrieved 19 January 2011
- ^ Wikipedia:Votações/Nova proporção para a WP:PE
- ^ Ajuda:Guia Prático/Colocar páginas para eliminar
- ^ Wikipedia:Direito ao voto
- ^ Wikimedia Traffic Analysis Report - Page Edits Per Wikipedia Language, cited on 21 March 2015
- ^ Wikipedia:Votações/Imagens e copyright
- ^ Wikipedia:Votações/Revisão do uso do Fair Use na ptwikipedia
- ^ Wikipedia:Votações/Impedir carregamento de imagens
- ^ a b Usuário:Campani/Campanha-Fair-use, Retrieved 2009-02-22
- ^ a b Usuário:Manuel Anastácio/Contra o Fair-Use, Retrieved 2009-02-22
- ^ Wikipedia:Votações/Uso Restrito de Conteúdo fair-use
- ^ Wikipedia:Uso Restrito de Conteúdo/Implementação
- ^ Wikipedia:Versões da língua portuguesa
- ^ Gerrit 104660
|Portuguese edition of Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia|
- Portuguese Portuguese Wikipedia
- Portuguese Portuguese Wikipedia mobile version
- Portuguese Wikipedia on Facebook
brazilian portuguese wikipedia, european portuguese wikipedia, italian wikipedia, italian wikipedia italy, portuguese wikipedia, serra da estrela portuguese wikipedia
Portuguese Wikipedia Information about
Portuguese Wikipedia viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.